***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Where there's smoke, there's probably fire. I'm guessing that's why they're moving so hard on interior players.

IDK if they knew anything or not, but when listening to the podcast, I got the feeling in February that Omaha was pretty much done, as far as any significant role at Iowa State. Zero enthusiasm about him--only that he "couldn't crack the lineup".

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he left, but it would hurt a bit that it didn't work out :(. So much physical talent!

Side note, one could infer that maybe Rock is working hard during his redshirt season, and if he can play with that frame. . . hoooooo boy.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
If Omaha improves his game like Tamin improved his shooting this year he could see the floor. But that's a lot of work over the summer. Guess we will see!

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
For the second time I've seen on a west virgina web site that Omaha is hitting the road to Country Roads. Will see
I have heard, fourth hand, something other than this. They may be right, but not sure I’d trust WVU websites quite yet.

Reactions: wing59

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Would be interesting if Payton Sandfort (Waukee native) followed as well. Cupboard beyond bare in Iowa City he would be smart to get out. Devries, Sandfort and Omaha alone would be a solid core.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Would be interesting if Payton Sandfort (Waukee native) followed as well. Cupboard beyond bare in Iowa City he would be smart to get out. Devries, Sandfort and Omaha alone would be a solid core.
They are talking about Sandfort a lot too, again probably baselessy based on the Waukee connection. You need a lot of talent to surround that 3 with. If more than one of those guys is in their top 3 players they would be near the bottom of the Big XII.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
They are talking about Sandfort a lot too, again probably baselessy based on the Waukee connection. You need a lot of talent to surround that 3 with. If more than one of those guys is in their top 3 players they would be near the bottom of the Big XII.
Devries and Sandfort are both really high level P6 players. Devries is first team all Big 12 level good. Sandfort put up 16.4 ppg last year.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
DeVries is a good coach, but I think untested with developing bigs. Otz has shown he can develop them. You never know how it ends up, but it'd be a bit puzzling if that's the move.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Cards were stacked against Omaha. Rather than being here this summer he was playing on all-star teams. Reports were he lacked offense. I remember watching him in the state tournament seeing he didn't handle passes cleanly. Didn't think it would be an issue but it has been. Until he got here I'm not sure our coaches new how much work is ahead of him. It's entirely possible Biliew gets recruited over this transfer season. I hope we add a 4/5 as insurance instead of blocking either JT or Omaha. That way whichever is best prepared next fall will be in the rotation.

They need to send Omaha to spring football practice and make him snag footballs out of a pitching machine. Even do the one hand drills. His hands need a lot of work.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
They need to send Omaha to spring football practice and make him snag footballs out of a pitching machine. Even do the one hand drills. His hands need a lot of work.
He seemed to have trouble staying on his feet too. He was on the floor a lot (in situations where you don't want to be on the floor).

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I mean their defense would be pretty bad if those three are on the court as starters.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Devries and Sandfort are both really high level P6 players. Devries is first team all Big 12 level good. Sandfort put up 16.4 ppg last year.
Defensively though woof. Now maybe they can somehow show something defensively none of them have shown, but that would be tough.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Devries is good. 16.4 points in the the up and down no defense Hawk system is about 12 or 13 in any other system.