***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Can you trust ANYONE in the pen at this point? It’s atrocious…to the point that Cousel has to be looking at Hottovy like…WTF coach?

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It will be interesting if the OF trio in Iowa keeps up their hot hitting if it forces any moves to get a hot bat in the lineup in Chicago. Either these guys need to be part of the solution or traded for guys that can be.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Can you trust ANYONE in the pen at this point? It’s atrocious…to the point that Cousel has to be looking at Hottovy like…WTF coach?
Leiter clearly struggled tonight but the bullpen has actually been really good as of late. Believe the broadcast said tonight they have the best bullpen ERA in the last couple weeks or something like that

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That loss was brutal (I hate the Cards almost as much as I hate the Hawks). It was basically a lack of execution at a few critical moments though. There were actually some encouraging signs for the offense. Happ and Suzuki just missed game-tying/go ahead homers in the ninth. Lots of good contact after the first few innings and better at bats. Donovan’s go ahead single was just an easy chopper that found a hole.

Reactions: CYdTracked

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Pet peave, we make EVERY opposing runner look like Ricky Henderson. Some of the blame is on the catchers, but the pitchers are horrible at checking runners.

Last night's game, Nootbaar's SB in the 3rd was the difference between a double play vs. 2 run inning. The Cards also used SB threat to get Hoerner out of position on base hit.

When a team is just OK, the small things matter.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That loss was brutal (I hate the Cards almost as much as I hate the Hawks). It was basically a lack of execution at a few critical moments though. There were actually some encouraging signs for the offense. Happ and Suzuki just missed game-tying/go ahead homers in the ninth. Lots of good contact after the first few innings and better at bats. Donovan’s go ahead single was just an easy chopper that found a hole.

Pitching is only going to get better as they get healthier. Steele looked so much better last time out. Smyly gives us a multi option lefty. Wicks should be a very capable 5th starter soon. Brown could either end up a solid starter or possible closer. New addition Miller has been nearly flawless as well as recent call up Hodge. Seems like that was Leiter's 1st bad outing of the year.

Reactions: TClone99

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
What are the odds on the Cubs getting more than four hits tonight? Maybe one run in the ninth just to make it close?

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Good Lord, Leiter and Cubs. Hang in the game for seven innings, and then boom. Gone. Have to do better than to put the first two on with no outs, and then an error in a critical situation. Add to that a three run dinger and the game is now gone. HAVE to do better.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I don’t watch/follow a ton, but whenever I do check box, the bullpen and Leiter seems to blow it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron