***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The movement on his fastball is off or the league is getting used to it. I was always wondering why MLB hitters had hard time hitting his fastball last year.
I think most the homers were fat sliders but I do agree. If he and Taillon can be our 3/4 guys long-term I think we'll be good. Imanga and Assad look like world beaters. Horton is only going to get better and better. Wicks is a gem for a 5/ emergency guy. Hopefully we can add a power arm to the mix for 25.

Maybe Burnes would like to reunite with CC?

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I think most the homers were fat sliders but I do agree. If he and Taillon can be our 3/4 guys long-term I think we'll be good. Imanga and Assad look like world beaters. Horton is only going to get better and better. Wicks is a gem for a 5/ emergency guy. Hopefully we can add a power arm to the mix for 25.
I also worry about how long Imanaga can keep his current pace. MLB hitters will get used to his fastball and splitter. His splitter is almost unhittable so far because MLB hitters haven’t seen splitter from a LHP.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Yea tough situation, but pretty limited options. Counsell could have led off PCA, but my guess he felt Mastrobuoni had better shot against Bedard's action. Plus if Cubs were fortunate to tie game, the infield would have been interesting.

Hope Nico's back tomorrow.
No Nico again today.

• Dislike
Reactions: isucy86

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Skenes has struck out the first 6 Cub hitters. After the first 4 Pat asked Coom what advice he'd give to Cub hitters: "Swing sooner." :)

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Skenes has struck out the first 6 Cub hitters. After the first 4 Pat asked Coom what advice he'd give to Cub hitters: "Swing sooner." :)
still early, but looking like the cubs are going to get no hit. nobody has a good plate approach so far

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
still early, but looking like the cubs are going to get no hit. nobody has a good plate approach so far
Finally put a couple in play but no hits. Fun fact from Pat...Jim Deshaies once struck out 8 Dodgers to start a game.

Edit:
Holy Cow, Lasorda PH for his pitcher in the 3rd because he didn't want another guaranteed SO. LOL

"Deshaies broke the record by striking out Jose Gonzalez to bring up the ninth spot in the order, which would have been pitcher Dennis Powell had Lasorda not decided he had seen enough strikeouts and sent Larry See to pinch-hit for him. Lee popped out to end the streak."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron