***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That'd be a NICE rotation piece for team. I would have concerns with your top 2 reserve guards both coming off major injuries in 22/23.

Lipsey
transfer scoring guard
Biliew
Momcilovic
Tre King

Williams
Watson
Heise
BRE or transfer Big

That's a 9-guy rotation that can get back to a tournament, assuming you land the white whale scoring guard

Hamilton
Eli King
Fish
Transfer big

I wouldn't worry about the injury at all. Completely freak think where he got a finger caught in a jersey during practice and they went in and pinned it. He's been shooting for almost a month already.

Reactions: cyfan92

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Maybe he was sitting behind a kid that knew the coach really well and the coach wanted that player to play more?
Could be, but if a kid shoots 52% from 3, I think a coach finds him minutes.

And with Drake losing kids to graduation, would think the kid sees potential for PT.

My take is he doesn't like living in Iowa or there are other limitations to his game that over shadow his good shot.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
That'd be a NICE rotation piece for team. I would have concerns with your top 2 reserve guards both coming off major injuries in 22/23.

Lipsey
transfer scoring guard
Biliew
Momcilovic
Tre King

Williams
Watson
Heise
BRE or transfer Big

That's a 9-guy rotation that can get back to a tournament, assuming you land the white whale scoring guard

Hamilton
Eli King
Fish
Transfer big

Seem like a good fit, but I don't want any more rotation guys on this team. TJ needs to go out and find/buy a proven scorer that can handle the ball and get his own shot. It was just painful watching defenses back away from everyone but Gabe or Holmes at the perimeter.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Seem like a good fit, but I don't want any more rotation guys on this team. TJ needs to go out and find/buy a proven scorer that can handle the ball and get his own shot. It was just painful watching defenses back away from everyone but Gabe or Holmes at the perimeter.

I don't think We Will can afford (pay to play world) two high level scoring guards.. Instead we need scoring, both in a reserve role, and starting role. Being able to bring a proven scorer and defender off the bench is what EVERY elite team has..

For the reserve backcourt, Williams missed all of the year and is coming off a MAJOR injury, Eli King wasn't ready for the Big 12, and Jelani Hamilton is going to be a true freshman. Also, Biliew and Milan will bring shooting to the 3/4 spot that we lacked this year. If Tre King is the starting 5, he has shown the ability to score and stretch.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would be surprised if he's coming to ISU to be a rotational player. Bringing in Heise could be a clear sign that TJ is committed to a small ball lineup.

Based on TJ's rotation minutes this season (Watson at 3 & King at 4 almost exclusively), I have been convinced TJ would go bigger in 2023/24. Playing Biliew/Watson at 3 and King/Momcilovic at 4. I may have read the tea leaves wrong!

Signing Heise could mean:

PG: Lipsey, Williams
CG: Tfr, Williams, E King(RS)
CG: Heise, Williams, Hamilton
SF: Biliew, Watson, Momcilovic, Fish
P: T King, Tfr, Jones

Reactions: t-noah

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I would be surprised if he's coming to ISU to be a rotational player. Bringing in Heise could be a clear sign that TJ is committed to a small ball lineup.

Based on TJ's rotation minutes this season (Watson at 3 & King at 4 almost exclusively), I have been convinced TJ would go bigger in 2023/24. Playing Biliew/Watson at 3 and King/Momcilovic at 4. I may have read the tea leaves wrong!

What about?

PG: Lipsey, Williams, E King
CG: Heise, Williams, Hamilton, E King(RS)
CG: Jamison Battle, Watson
WF/Stretch: Biliew, Momcilovic, Watson, Fish

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't think We Will can afford (pay to play world) two high level scoring guards.. Instead we need scoring, both in a reserve role, and starting role. Being able to bring a proven scorer and defender off the bench is what EVERY elite team has..

For the reserve backcourt, Williams missed all of the year and is coming off a MAJOR injury, Eli King wasn't ready for the Big 12, and Jelani Hamilton is going to be a true freshman. Also, Biliew and Milan will bring shooting to the 3/4 spot that we lacked this year. If Tre King is the starting 5, he has shown the ability to score and stretch.
We have who we have at the HS level at this point in time. There are going to be a ton of kids in the portal in the next month, and ISU should be able to get a couple scoring guards there. If King, Billiew (sp), and Milan can make even 8-10 foot shots that would be a vast improvement to what we had this year. Need to teach Rob how to throw the ball back out of the post or how to shoot.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

See it more like
PG Lipsey, Williams
SG Transfer, Heise
SF Biliew Heise Watson
PF King Momcilovic
C Transfer, King, Jones

Doubt we go 10 deep on a regular basis but those seem to be the guys as it stands.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'll be shocked if he doesn't follow his head coach to Austin Peay. Followed him from Missouri State to NW State and they have an incredibly strong relationship from everything I can gather.
At this point, I'd be wondering if Coach was trying to get away from me lol

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
See it more like
PG Lipsey, Williams
SG Transfer, Heise
SF Biliew Heise Watson
PF King Momcilovic
C Transfer, King, Jones

Doubt we go 10 deep on a regular basis but those seem to be the guys as it stands.
Agree with the exception of Heise. Would be surprised if TJ signs him.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
After listening to the latest Williams and Blum podcast I've adjusted my expectations down a bit. I think 1 Jaren Holmes level and 1 high level transfer would be an A+ transfer season but I expect 2 more in the Jaren Holmes level range. I think a really high level is possible because we have playing time and tons of shots to show case talent in the best league in the country.