***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Bradley's Rienk Mast in the portal.

He might be the most coveted guy in there at this point. 6-9, skilled, can shoot and handle. Very nice defender with great upper body strength. First team All Valley. Averaged 14 and 6 but was 17 and 8 in league play after he got over a knee injury.

Want. Want. Want. Want.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

He might be the most coveted guy in there at this point. 6-9, skilled, can shoot and handle. Very nice defender with great upper body strength. First team All Valley. Averaged 14 and 6 but was 17 and 8 in league play after he got over a knee injury.

Want. Want. Want. Want.
He’s a stud

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88 and Ankency

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

Want. Want. Want. Want.
Follow up to this. Bradley board saying that one of the issues is that he's an engineering major that graduates in the spring and Bradley doesn't have a Master's in Engineering program. I think I know somewhere that does...

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Providence coach just took the Georgetown job.

We should give Bryce Hopkins a call. He is from Illinois.

Look at his Comparison on his 247 profile...

That would be a homerun, but I'm guessing almost every school in the country would want him.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
I don't think We Will can afford (pay to play world) two high level scoring guards.. Instead we need scoring, both in a reserve role, and starting role. Being able to bring a proven scorer and defender off the bench is what EVERY elite team has..

For the reserve backcourt, Williams missed all of the year and is coming off a MAJOR injury, Eli King wasn't ready for the Big 12, and Jelani Hamilton is going to be a true freshman. Also, Biliew and Milan will bring shooting to the 3/4 spot that we lacked this year. If Tre King is the starting 5, he has shown the ability to score and stretch.
Agree, we definitely need more bench scoring. Think about the guys we brought off the bench this year. Did they ever (as a group) total 15 points in a game? (Doesn't count when Gabe came off the bench early).
So tell me for those with more knowledge.....does KState have that much greater of NIL potential than us? Wow. I mean, they bring in Johnson(FL), Sills(Ark), and one more I can't recall...but the point I'm making, they were all power 5 schools transfers. We're being led to believe that with the NIL we have to take our chance with the OSUN's (St. Bon), Williams (Temple), etc. Yes we got Brockington, Gabe, Kunc from the big 10/Pac 12 but that was pretty much before NIL got rolling.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
With half the portal entrants claimed last year, it will be interesting to see the numbers this year.
I wouldn't want anyone from GT. Assume anybody good at Providence is heading to DC.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Agree, we definitely need more bench scoring. Think about the guys we brought off the bench this year. Did they ever (as a group) total 15 points in a game? (Doesn't count when Gabe came off the bench early).
So tell me for those with more knowledge.....does KState have that much greater of NIL potential than us? Wow. I mean, they bring in Johnson(FL), Sills(Ark), and one more I can't recall...but the point I'm making, they were all power 5 schools transfers. We're being led to believe that with the NIL we have to take our chance with the OSUN's (St. Bon), Williams (Temple), etc. Yes we got Brockington, Gabe, Kunc from the big 10/Pac 12 but that was pretty much before NIL got rolling.

I don't think with those players it's as much the NIL than it is who the coach wants to fit their system.

Just from this page, Mast and Sharp would be huge upgrades offensively. And neither play for a major now. But do they reach the defensive type of player threshold TJ wants? No offense to the UNI player....but IMO he isn't a huge upgrade to anything. I mean why not develop Eli? He is already here, a great athlete and knows the system.

I think it comes down to what TJ is comfortable with. Maybe the Temple, Bradley, UNI type of players is what he likes. And would a Johnson or Sills come here to play this style?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
He’s a stud
Not saying we won't be interested...but the guy has Iowa written all over him. Assume they will be looking for a transfer big as well. Not easy for me to compliment them in anything, but you have to admit they really did well developing Frebaca.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We seem to be reaching out to A LOT of wing forwards for a team that appears to have 3/4 already on the the roster for 2023/24... Does this mean anything? (Watson)
Doubt it. I think they'd like size in the 2/3 spots. Watson will be an important piece, and TJ was pretty clear to point that out.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not saying we won't be interested...but the guy has Iowa written all over him. Assume they will be looking for a transfer big as well. Not easy for me to compliment them in anything, but you have to admit they really did well developing Frebaca.

Iowa seems to have already locked in a commitment from this kid. From Iowa City and went to Iowa City West.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
We seem to be reaching out to A LOT of wing forwards for a team that appears to have 3/4 already on the the roster for 2023/24... Does this mean anything? (Watson)
Maybe looking at ones that can 2/3. TJ loves playing multiple and switching everything. Can you imagine a lineup of?:

PG- Lipsey 6'1
G/F- Daniels 6'6
F- Biliew 6'8
F- Momcilovic 6'8
F- Tre King 6'7

Defense and shooting from all levels

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Maybe looking at ones that can 2/3. TJ loves playing multiple and switching everything. Can you imagine a lineup of?:

PG- Lipsey 6'1
G/F- Daniels 6'6
F- Biliew 6'8
F- Momcilovic 6'8
F- Tre King 6'7

Defense and shooting from all levels
And with Williams in the lineup, the smallest guy is 6'4 (Lipsey plays bigger too because he is built like a football player).