***Official 2021 Weather Thread***

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
When will it stop snowing? I'd assume schools will either be a late start or out tomorrow?

A dry slot is working it's way into SW IA and may reach DSM in a few hours give or take. But until the system passes through there may be some additional snow overnight.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Wind really is drifting this snow bad in Des Moines. I can still see grass in some parts of yards.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
A dry slot is working it's way into SW IA and may reach DSM in a few hours give or take. But until the system passes through there may be some additional snow overnight.

The radar I’m watching on weather channel app says the snow is not ending anytime soon.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The radar I’m watching on weather channel app says the snow is not ending anytime soon.
Same on KCCIs future radar. It shows a little dry pocket in southern Iowa but doesn’t even get close to Des Moines

Screenshot_20210125-174454_RadarScope.jpg

The snow probably won't end in a couple of hours but this dry slot is working it's way northeast as the entire system does as well. I suppose I should have clarified that the *heaviest* snow will likely be ending within a couple of hours instead of snow ending completely.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
View attachment 81168

The snow probably won't end in a couple of hours but this dry slot is working it's way northeast as the entire system does as well. I suppose I should have clarified that the *heaviest* snow will likely be ending within a couple of hours instead of snow ending completely.
Yeah that will start to be the end of the 1, 1.5"/hr rates, and then as the whole system pivots and moves east, lighter snow should continue into the overnight.

Help Support Us

Become a patron