***Official 2021 Vikings***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
What's worse is coaching decisions is going to cost them this game. It was dumb to go for it on 4th and 1 on your own 20 with a 2 point lead, but the play call was even worse. And the head coach, who has never called a play on either offense or defense prior to this season, took over the play calling duties weeks ago.

I 100% agree the Lions have what could be called barely an NFL team in terms of talent. But coaching has cost them several games this year, and it looks like this will be one more.
Zimmer is a terrible game manager. Spielman and Zimmer are awful at cap management. Time to go. Can’t even gut and rebuild this team because of all the stupid massive contracts.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I like how every DB was at least 2 or 3 yards deep in the endzone. Easy throw and catch
I wondered that same thing. Full zone coverage dropped into the endzone with no pressure at the goal line or on the receivers. Pitch and catch, no difficulty whatsoever.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Zimmer is a terrible game manager. Spielman and Zimmer are awful at cap management. Time to go. Can’t even gut and rebuild this team because of all the stupid massive contracts.

I wasn't talking about Zimmerman; I was talking about Dan Campbell with the Lions. I'm not saying Zimmer doesn't deserve to be fired, because I have no clue - I don't follow the Vikings. But the Lions, if coached competently, potentially wouldn't have even needed to win on the final play of the game.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don’t get this thinking. He’s the second rated qb in the league this season so far. Of all the problems, you blame Cousins the most?
It’s typical dumb fan thinking. They are paying Hunter and Barr like a million dollars per snap they are available, Smith a huge salary when he can’t cover anymore, you’ve drafted a bunch of corners in the first round and none of them can play, and you’ve got an offensive line sans Darisaw that looks like they went to an Edina IHOP and found four fat guys to start.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I wasn't talking about Zimmerman; I was talking about Dan Campbell with the Lions. I'm not saying Zimmer doesn't deserve to be fired, because I have no clue - I don't follow the Vikings. But the Lions, if coached competently, potentially wouldn't have even needed to win on the final play of the game.
Yeah, Campbell made some really dumb decisions that kept the Vikings in it.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Well I had to start Jared Goff last minute in my fantasy league because of Jalen Hirts being ruled out (we start 2 qbs in our league). I was somewhat happy at the end

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I wondered that same thing. Full zone coverage dropped into the endzone with no pressure at the goal line or on the receivers. Pitch and catch, no difficulty whatsoever.
Yeah you need to at least be in front of the endzone so they can't get a full head of steam and cross easily into the endzone.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Detroit thanks Mike Zimmer for calling two timeouts in the last few seconds of the game so they could get organized to make the winning touchdown.

And for only rushing 3 guys on the last 2 plays. Goff is terrible when facing pressure so why not just let him sit back there and have all day to find an open receiver when you have awful corners and you're missing your 2 stud LBs.

Reactions: Raiders70

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Didn’t see or hear about the game because I’ve been helping a buddy of mine move. Just checked the score on my phone.

50cent-smile.gif

Reactions: stuclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron