***Official 2021 NCAA Tournament Thread***

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Ben Howland?

Howland lost his first tournament game as UCLA coach. 2nd year the Bruins won 5 straight, coincidentally included Gonzaga, and made it to the championship game, where they los to Florida.

3 Final Fours and he got fired.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If I were a Gonzaga fan, I would be really nervous right now.

I'd be excited to see a close game for once. Cheering for a winning team is great, but when you blow your opponents out so much all season, it's get a bit old to never have close games to be excited about.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'd be excited to see a close game for once. Cheering for a winning team is great, but when you blow your opponents out so much all season, it's get a bit old to never have close games to be excited about.

Can't spoil your fans like that too much. Nebby football fans are still working themselves out of that trance.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Maybe if you’re Kansas or Duke or something. Gonzaga doesn’t have the history. If I’m a Zag fan, I want every game a blowout.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Close games are NEVER fun!

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I understand why they came up with the hook & hold rule, but like many good intentions, it doesn't always work out as envisioned

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Very off topic, but this made me think of the show I was watching on Netflix last night - The History of Cuss Words with Nicolas Cage. They talked about a singer from the 20's named Lucille Bogan. Look at the lyrics here and tell me they didn't know how to be crude way back then:). It would make Miley Cyrus look like Mother Theresa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron