***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I thought I remembered that name. He was the 2nd leading scorer on Winthrop last year. 6’6” athletic wing and shot the ball from 35% from beyond the arc. Averaged 10.5 ppg and grabbed 4.7 rpg. Originally from... Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I didn't know if you saw my post earlier, but here are a ton of highlights of him from last year at Winthrop.

Reactions: t-noah

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Is Jeff saying Fletcher doesn't make this list or he considers him committed?

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
speaking of Fletcher, didn't someone mention that he was possibly making his decision today? I thought I saw that in one of these threads.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It's not like he exactly lit it up at Kentucky.
He's obviously stupid athletic, but even I have slight concerns bringing in two very similar guys in Enaruna and Fletcher.
Yeah but look at some of the other kids who were highly rated that didn't do well at their first school like Askew and Bryce Thompson and others. Rated much higher. I think this is basically all about his rift with Cal.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
It's not like he exactly lit it up at Kentucky.
He's obviously stupid athletic, but even I have slight concerns bringing in two very similar guys in Enaruna and Fletcher.

Don't be concerned about major upgrades in talent. 12 months ago, we would all be partying if Fletcher chose ISU. He had a disappointing year in the hardest offseason for a freshman maybe ever. Also, Kentucky was a train wreck of a team anyway. We had a team last year with (probably) the worst P5 ceiling in the country... Adding Fletcher will only increase our ceiling. It's up to the coaching staff and up to the guys over in Sukup to work on their games and raise the floor of the team

I think a lot of people are holding out hope for more shooting or ball handling.. It's been stated across multiple places that Otz is going all in on Hunter and will not be looking to add a piece that could reduce his minutes. Going forward we now have Lipsey, King and Hunter who can all handle the ball for likely the next 4/5 years.

I have a lot of faith in Otz and JR Blount to help our guys with shooting. Drake and Colorado St never shot below 35% with JR coaching their guards. UNLV shot 34.6% last year with a much worse lineup than what we are going to have. The last 2 years of Prhom.. we shot 31.6% and 32.1%... Increasing that to 35% alone will add several wins. Better rebounding adds wins.. Having less turnovers adds wins

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Don't be concerned about major upgrades in talent. 12 months ago, we would all be partying if Fletcher chose ISU. He had a disappointing year in the hardest offseason for a freshman maybe ever. Also, Kentucky was a train wreck of a team anyway. We had a team last year with (probably) the worst P5 ceiling in the country... Adding Fletcher will only increase our ceiling. It's up to the coaching staff and up to the guys over in Sukup to work on their games and raise the floor of the team

I think a lot of people are holding out hope for more shooting or ball handling.. It's been stated across multiple places that Otz is going all in on Hunter and will not be looking to add a piece that could reduce his minutes. Going forward we now have Lipsey, King and Hunter who can all handle the ball for likely the next 4/5 years.

I have a lot of faith in Otz and JR Blount to help our guys with shooting. Drake and Colorado St never shot below 35% with JR coaching their guards. UNLV shot 34.6% last year with a much worse lineup than what we are going to have. The last 2 years of Prhom.. we shot 31.6% and 32.1%... Increasing that to 35% alone will add several wins. Better rebounding adds wins.. Having less turnovers adds wins

Agree, and I think Walker/Grill/Jackson are enough to spell Hunter as needed (which probably amounts to 10 minutes a game or less) at the point.

Reactions: t-noah

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Agree, and I think Walker/Grill/Jackson are enough to spell Hunter as needed (which probably amounts to 10 minutes a game or less) at the point.

Between Grill, Kalscheur and Walker. I feel decent about 10 minutes a game with them handling. Jackson is more of a 2 guard but I guess you can add him in a pinch.

I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about Lipsey and Hunter running the fast break in 2022 and beyond

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
This guy plays HARD. Seems like he's really good to elite in the role as a garbage man forward. Rebounds and defends well, nothing special as a shooter but still has a high offensive rating.

Minus the 3P shooting - this dude is the Dustin hogue type player many have clamored for

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Help Support Us

Become a patron