***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
It's not like he exactly lit it up at Kentucky.
He's obviously stupid athletic, but even I have slight concerns bringing in two very similar guys in Enaruna and Fletcher.
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want Fletcher. I don't see much basketball skill.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want Fletcher. I don't see much basketball skill.
I'm a little skeptical as well. To me, him and Enaruna are so similar; very athletic, highly rated as recruits, limited time and production at a blue blood, but lots of potential. I'm just not sure it's best to have two of those guys on the roster. Rather than taking a guy like Baker or Arms, who played at a lower level, but did have production.

I'll trust TJ's talent evaluation. If he's certain he can unlock the potential, then it'll be a homerun.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

Not arguing as I know the 247 assessment of him was very skilled athlete who lacked a strong basketball IQ but I think he had one of the top offer lists in his class. I counted 25 P6 offers with almost every blue blood except Duke. I think the whole UK team was kind of a train wreck this year. I think he’s definitely worth taking a chance on.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I'm a little skeptical as well. To me, him and Enaruna are so similar; very athletic, highly rated as recruits, limited time and production at a blue blood, but lots of potential. I'm just not sure it's best to have two of those guys on the roster. Rather than taking a guy like Baker or Arms, who played at a lower level, but did have production.

I'll trust TJ's talent evaluation. If he's certain he can unlock the potential, then it'll be a homerun.

I have the same thought, but I have to remember that both guys are 19 years old, and their best basketball is way ahead of them. They are both extremely skilled, and maybe being at “focus town” with a new coaching staff that boasts developing players might do some good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure if we are looking for a guy like this or more of a G/F, but FWIW, it looks like he had an offer from SDSU while TJ was there.
Very good catch. That’s interesting.. I’d very much love to add this guy. Averages 8 rebounds a game in his career playing in the ACC?? Give me some of that.

Also if you watch his highlights, most of them were him finding a body or a spot when the shot went up for him to be able to have the best chance at rebounding the ball. And his footwork was elite.

His career conference per 40 min are 8 ppg, 3.1 assists to 1.2 TOs, and 9.4 rpg. That’s impressive.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Don't be concerned about major upgrades in talent. 12 months ago, we would all be partying if Fletcher chose ISU. He had a disappointing year in the hardest offseason for a freshman maybe ever. Also, Kentucky was a train wreck of a team anyway. We had a team last year with (probably) the worst P5 ceiling in the country... Adding Fletcher will only increase our ceiling. It's up to the coaching staff and up to the guys over in Sukup to work on their games and raise the floor of the team

I think a lot of people are holding out hope for more shooting or ball handling.. It's been stated across multiple places that Otz is going all in on Hunter and will not be looking to add a piece that could reduce his minutes. Going forward we now have Lipsey, King and Hunter who can all handle the ball for likely the next 4/5 years.

I have a lot of faith in Otz and JR Blount to help our guys with shooting. Drake and Colorado St never shot below 35% with JR coaching their guards. UNLV shot 34.6% last year with a much worse lineup than what we are going to have. The last 2 years of Prhom.. we shot 31.6% and 32.1%... Increasing that to 35% alone will add several wins. Better rebounding adds wins.. Having less turnovers adds wins
Agree, and I think Walker/Grill/Jackson are enough to spell Hunter as needed (which probably amounts to 10 minutes a game or less) at the point.
What do guys think of Arms, and Baker? Both more like 3 wings, good shooters, but also both able to handle the ball, dribble/drive.

Having a guy like Enurena now, along with the other bigs, gives us the flexiblility to go after a 6-5, 6-6 wing, who could also play the 2 in a pinch. Still thinking we need a little insurance at the guard spot. I mean what if Hunter got injured, we'd really be hurting.

And shooters, we need shooters. Both Arms and Baker seem to be very good there. Are we/they interested?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What do guys think of Arms, and Baker? Both more like 3 wings, good shooters, but also both able to handle the ball, dribble/drive.

Having a guy like Enurena now, along with the other bigs, gives us the flexiblility to go after a 6-5, 6-6 wing, who could also play the 2 in a pinch. Still thinking we need a little insurance at the guard spot. I mean what if Hunter got injured, we'd really be hurting.

And shooters, we need shooters. Both Arms and Baker seem to be very good there. Are we/they interested?
Someone in this thread made it seem like we were very well connected with Arms.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I honestly don’t think we should go after one and done type guys since I think it will take two long to gel. Them again TJ might want that scholarship open for the next year so we might do it just for a player like Arms.

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
I guess a thing I didn't realize until I relooked at the stats, but Arms only started one game for Winthrop and his 10 and 5 he averaged was in 17 minutes a game. His Per 40s are nuts, but makes you wonder why they couldn't keep him on the floor with that production.

Edit: OK looking again, looks like other than one guy, Winthrop played their starting lineup in the low 20 minutes, and did platoons almost. Weird.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Don't talk yourself out of a 6'7" freak athlete who had offers from virtually every school in the country. There is ALWAYS a place for that on a roster. Keep in mind Xavier Foster is a uniquely skilled stretch forward. Hunter/Lipsey/King all extremely skilled. You need those freakish athletic traits that Enaruna and Fletcher possess as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guess a thing I didn't realize until I relooked at the stats, but Arms only started one game for Winthrop and his 10 and 5 he averaged was in 17 minutes a game. His Per 40s are nuts, but makes you wonder why they couldn't keep him on the floor with that production.

Edit: OK looking again, looks like other than one guy, Winthrop played their starting lineup in the low 20 minutes, and did platoons almost. Weird.
Yeah that is weird..

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006

Winthrop played a lot of mass subs. Their coaches philosophy was that he wanted you to come in for a couple minutes and give your all and then bring the next guy in to do the same. Fun team to watch.

• Informative
Reactions: Bardman and t-noah

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I honestly don't know a ton about those specifically, but my wish list from looking at the current roster is for someone with the ability to play 2-4 on both ends.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes, I read that. Will have to go back and look at that again. Something about this Friday too wasn't it? AhDuh, today is Friday.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
This was a name that I was following early on (due to previous recruiting).

Sucks that he's ending up there.

Also, Jalen Terry to Depaul (can't find the tweet)

Huge news baylor nation. Baylor men’s basketball just picked up a really strong point guard from Arizona! He is 6 ft 1 inch tall and 185 pounds (Jr/Sr). He averaged 15.6 PPG, 53 for 130 on 3 pointers (40.8%), 104 for 127 on free throws (81.9%), 2.3 rebounds per game, 5.4 assists per game, commits 2.3 turnovers per game, 1.4 steals per game, and 2 fouls per game.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Huge news baylor nation. Baylor men’s basketball just picked up a really strong point guard from Arizona! He is 6 ft 1 inch tall and 185 pounds (Jr/Sr). He averaged 15.6 PPG, 53 for 130 on 3 pointers (40.8%), 104 for 127 on free throws (81.9%), 2.3 rebounds per game, 5.4 assists per game, commits 2.3 turnovers per game, 1.4 steals per game, and 2 fouls per game.
Ehr well.
I'm happy for ya, ... I guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron