***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Another REBOUNDING well- built forward in transfer portal. 6'8" Stevenson from Southern Miss. Why not?? Can anybody tell I want my Hogue guy??? LOL. Except neither him nor Texas A&M guy shoot the '3' like Hogue did at times.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Just speculating- Buzz’s top assistant, Jamie McNeilly, who has been with him since the Marquette days and has coached in the Canadian National program, is rumored to be headed to Minnesota for their 3rd spot. If so, this kid may show up on the Gophers radar. McNeilly has recruited a number of Canadian kids over the years. It will be interesting to see- I don’t believe he’s been officially hired at Minnesota.

Crap. There's always the connection thing to screw things up. Figured something was up because I wouldn't think Buzz would be losing starters. Having said that, I never saw his team play one game since he got there.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
he’s Native American. Their names often take on meaning of importance or family history.

i can understand that with "poor-bear" but that graphic makes it look like poon and i got a chuckle outta that.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
he’s Native American. Their names often take on meaning of importance or family history.
Several years ago I was driving through the ND/SD/MN tristate area and stumbled across what I could only assume was the HS boys BB playoffs for Native American schools on the radio. The PxP was thoroughly entertaining.

Last edited:

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Another REBOUNDING well- built forward in transfer portal. 6'8" Stevenson from Southern Miss. Why not?? Can anybody tell I want my Hogue guy??? LOL. Except neither him nor Texas A&M guy shoot the '3' like Hogue did at times.
To your point, there just aren't a lot of Hogue guys out there. Defensive and rebounding warriors who average 38% from 3 over their career....aren't coming along. I love Dustin Hogue and Tyrus McGee (another name commonly asked for), but those guys are very rare, and I wish we would stop minimalizing their abilities by assuming they exist.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Whenever I pine for another Hogue-type player, I only want that rebounding JYD dude.

His only shots should be put-backs around the rim.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Crap. There's always the connection thing to screw things up. Figured something was up because I wouldn't think Buzz would be losing starters. Having said that, I never saw his team play one game since he got there.
Yeah, you never know...like I said, I’m just speculating. But I’m sure the reason he was at A & M was McNeilly so if the coach is on the move, wou
Yeah, like I said I’m just speculating but I’m sure the reason he was at A&M was McNeilly and if the coach is on the move the kid may follow. And maybe that’s won’t be the case at all- he does look like an interesting prospect.