***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Could definitely see that happening. Worked out well for RJ and LaMelo.

Aussie beaches and Aussie girls.

A nice little paycheck before becoming a millionaire at 20.

No classes. No tests. No Bobby Knight coach all over your backside.

Must be a pretty attractive option.

No March Madness, but meh. Might be worth it.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
As compared to BDJ....J. McCay or THT? Is that what is the concern or is there someone already on the team he has crossed wires with?

I don’t think it a THT type of situation but I’m reluctant to label it as BDJ or McKay either.
I think he is a different type of Alpha compared to JCL. We have seen those Alphas before in BDJ and Kane. If you are winning there are almost no issues. If you aren’t winning or there are PT issues then it can quickly morph.
The talent is undeniable but I think it is a bigger risk for CSP because the culture that used to exist was eroded and now has to be rebuilt. Melvin was the ultimate counterbalance to Kane and that team was full of established winners. Much different scenario with this squad. But it is tough to pass on that talent.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think Cade is going to play a game there.

I think Okie State is going to win their appeal. There is zero chance that ruling should stand. I think Cunningham sticks with OSU until the appeal is denied.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think Okie State is going to win their appeal. There is zero chance that ruling should stand. I think Cunningham sticks with OSU until the appeal is denied.
If Okie State wins their appeal I could see him staying. Him leaving comes down to that appeal though.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Definitely not saying there isn't baggage with him, but that timeline could be explained as he started in Mass where he grew up, then went to prep school in FL. He committed to NMSU but then de-committed, went to a JUCO where he then ended up going to St. John's. Chris Mullin left after his first year and he wanted to transfer before coming back to play there, but decided he didn't like it there under Mike Anderson and now is looking elsewhere.

No doubt someone that has been all over the place, but maybe he hasn't found the right fit? He also could be the problem and doesn't fit anywhere, idk.

New Mexico had a coaching staff change as well, he wasn't the only kid who transferred out that year,I think there were 4 or 5 guys that ended up leaving after Jans was hired, Jermaine Haley from WV was one of them . The move down to juco also makes sense because having enrolled at NMSU in the spring, he would have had to sit out the following year at a d1 program (Haley did the same, at the same JUCO). Plus, the Mullin situation at SJ. I have no idea if he comes with baggage but that's just kind of a bunch of random situations all happening to the same kid. There is a lot there that he couldn't really control. He "played" for 2 coaches at NMSU without ever playing a minute there, then juco, then 2 coaches in 2 years at SJ. That would be hard on anyone.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
New Mexico had a coaching staff change as well, he wasn't the only kid who transferred out that year,I think there were 4 or 5 guys that ended up leaving after Jans was hired, Jermaine Haley from WV was one of them . The move down to juco also makes sense because having enrolled at NMSU in the spring, he would have had to sit out the following year at a d1 program (Haley did the same, at the same JUCO). Plus, the Mullin situation at SJ. I have no idea if he comes with baggage but that's just kind of a bunch of random situations all happening to the same kid. There is a lot there that he couldn't really control. He "played" for 2 coaches at NMSU without ever playing a minute there, then juco, then 2 coaches in 2 years at SJ. That would be hard on anyone.
Yeah I have no clue if we're even in the running for him, but I really hope Prohm is selling us hard. His talent is too good to turn down. We also shouldn't worry about having "too many cooks in the kitchen". Last year we had 2 for half the year and then 1 the rest of the year after Halliburton went down. Get all the talent you can get and figure everything out later.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How is that not tampering if "plenty of high-majors were all over him to transfer?"

Nobody cares about tampering rules is how.

How else do NBA and NFL guys have like $100 million contracts that are all done and signed maybe 18-36 hours after the free agency period starts?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nobody cares about tampering rules is how.

How else do NBA and NFL guys have like $100 million contracts that are all done and signed maybe 18-36 hours after the free agency period starts?
I was under the impression it was illegal to contact someone about transferring if they are currently enrolled at another university.. I could be very wrong though and i'm sure you know more than I do.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I was under the impression it was illegal to contact someone about transferring if they are currently enrolled at another university.. I could be very wrong though and i'm sure you know more than I do.

lot of back channels used for transfer recruiting

AAU coaches, HS coaches, trainers, etc

I dont think even Prohm is above bending the rules this way.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
lot of back channels used for transfer recruiting

AAU coaches, HS coaches, trainers, etc

I dont think even Prohm is above bending the rules this way.
Ah I guess that makes sense.