***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah I don't think he made it yet. Think he is coming in a couple days. Guessing we pushed his visit back so we could evaluate other players first. I am not so sure with where we are that we offer him when he comes. Probably get him a workout in and see what they think.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah I don't think he made it yet. Think he is coming in a couple days. Guessing we pushed his visit back so we could evaluate other players first. I am not so sure with where we are that we offer him when he comes. Probably get him a workout in and see what they think.

With our position of holding open the scholarships of Wigginton and THT, I think we have to play the transfer game slowly, as that doesn't leave a committable offer right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
With our position of holding open the scholarships of Wigginton and THT, I think we have to play the transfer game slowly, as that doesn't leave a committable offer right now.

We said if we went 1/3 on the freshman we would be happy. That is Step 1.

Step 2 is somebody who can "move the needle" for next year. If you find somebody like that, I think you have to use your second open scholarship on them.

The third has to be a reserve for Wigginton and, if he is once and truly gone, then you take the best sit-out that you can or just bank it for a midyear or next year.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The Grill commitment, although not a top 50 type kid, really opened the door for a lot of stuff they can do now. He is not an immediate make the tourney type player. However, he is a guy that we don't have to get 3 schollarships anymore and can concentrate on 1 maybe two more players. I really think the Grill commitment is huge long and short term.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We said if we went 1/3 on the freshman we would be happy. That is Step 1.

Step 2 is somebody who can "move the needle" for next year. If you find somebody like that, I think you have to use your second open scholarship on them.

The third has to be a reserve for Wigginton and, if he is once and truly gone, then you take the best sit-out that you can or just bank it for a midyear or next year.

That's how I would play it, but going off what Coach Prohm has said, I think they are planning on seeing how the next couple weeks go before committing one of those scholarships.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Interesting, good to see HM programs like Ark and Clemson taking looks at Javan. Trust the staff evaluation or a player and potential.
Other high majors interest is encouraging but i also remember TCU, USC, Washington and Cal being interested in Ray Kasongo when he left Tennessee and we all saw how that turned out.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Other high majors interest is encouraging but i also remember TCU, USC, Washington and Cal being interested in Ray Kasongo when he left Tennessee and we all saw how that turned out.
Probably because there aren't many big guys that had his size and athleticism. You can't blame anyone for taking a chance on that.

Johnson, however, appears to have some talent and athleticism. I really hope we get him.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Probably because there aren't many big guys that had his size and athleticism. You can't blame anyone for taking a chance on that.

Johnson, however, appears to have some talent and athleticism. I really hope we get him.

Grill
Johnson

...and the last spot for Wigginton, Tucker, another graduate transfer who can contribute right away, or just banking it for the future...

= successful spring, if not a home run, to me.

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
I hadn't thought about him for a long time, but does anyone know what ever became of Kasongo (if anything)? I couldn't find anything online since his departure from ISU.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cy4Pres

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

The staff knows Wiggs and THT are not coming back. They don’t want to say it publicly because it will “take away” from focus being on the kids & the combines. But if Johnson wants to commit they will take it as they should.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron