***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Not really concerned that ISU isn't being connected with a wide number of players in the spring transfer market, especially grad transfers.

IMO grad transfers are looking for immediate playing time and I suspect the ISU coaches are very confident we have four very capable starters next year in Halliburton, Nixon, Young and Jacobson. I would bet Prohm is also confident Conditt will start or is a capable top bench player. IMO the coaches are only going to take a grad transfer if he is a sharp shooting bid guard. So they will be very selective.

IMO we will cast a broader net for sit out transfers/JUCO's, but again we can afford to be selective as the staff has the summer/fall recruiting cycle to fill what could be a 2 man or 5 man recruiting class.

That's a big assumption to make about Young.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Huggy, trying to re-load via the transfer market:

West Virginia is going to a Top 3 squad in the Big 12 next year. Culver plus a 5 star Freshmen in the post. McCabe and Haley in the backcourt. This kid can score and if the get Tucker (UALR grad transfer) then they would be a Top 10-15 program by year’s end.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
West Virginia is going to a Top 3 squad in the Big 12 next year. Culver plus a 5 star Freshmen in the post. McCabe and Haley in the backcourt. This kid can score and if the get Tucker (UALR grad transfer) then they would be a Top 10-15 program by year’s end.
Yes - they are going to be very good. They were decent at year end. Somebody posted recently that they would be 10th. No way. they would not be 10th even without these recent adds. Culver is really good, and so is their freshman big coming in. Just need a little guard help to be upper division, looks like they got it.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

6-6 245 lbs

Originally from Toronto

8.0 ppg 4.1 rpg 0.9 apg in 22 mpg in 36 games at Pitt.

Not sure what his eligibility would be

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

I read awhile back their 5 star big was listed in a story on the most overrated players in the 2019 class. Rim protecting rebounder who's range is dunk.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Knapper and Mathews were okay freshmen too. Imagine if West, Bolden, Harris, and Konate were staying.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Rayjon Tucker visiting ISU May 11-12

Tucker, who made 72 three-pointers last season while hitting an impressive 41.1 percent of those shots, took his first official visit to West Virginia and has moTucker, who made 72 three-pointers last season while hitting an impressive 41.1 percent of those shots, took his first official visit to West Virginia and has more lined up. “I go to Memphis next week,” he said. “The weekend after that I will go to Iowa State. I will also go to Kansas. I am also looking at South Carolina and that is it.”re lined up. “I go to Memphis next week,” he said. “The weekend after that I will go to Iowa State. I will also go to Kansas. I am also looking at South Carolina and that is it.”

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I read awhile back their 5 star big was listed in a story on the most overrated players in the 2019 class. Rim protecting rebounder who's range is dunk.

That kind of guy fits in well with what West Virginia does though.

If a freshman big man gives you that, then he is a very good freshman big man.

Reactions: heitclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Tucker, who made 72 three-pointers last season while hitting an impressive 41.1 percent of those shots, took his first official visit to West Virginia and has moTucker, who made 72 three-pointers last season while hitting an impressive 41.1 percent of those shots, took his first official visit to West Virginia and has more lined up. “I go to Memphis next week,” he said. “The weekend after that I will go to Iowa State. I will also go to Kansas. I am also looking at South Carolina and that is it.”re lined up. “I go to Memphis next week,” he said. “The weekend after that I will go to Iowa State. I will also go to Kansas. I am also looking at South Carolina and that is it.”

Is it bad I almost want this guy as badly to shut up the harpy haters on here as I do fr the sake of the program? I know Tucker is obviously in huge demand, but this is an encouraging sign. This guy could probably be our leading scorer next season (if in Ames).

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Very nice. Some very good competition but getting one of Tuckers 5 visits is huge (obviously) and could really help replace NWB and Lindell's minutes. It would also allow Haliburton to keep his current roll off the ball and take over back up PG duties. I think Tyrese will be very good playing point but I would would like to see him get eased into B12 PG duties.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Very nice. Some very good competition but getting one of Tuckers 5 visits is huge (obviously) and could really help replace NWB and Lindell's minutes. It would also allow Haliburton to keep his current roll off the ball and take over back up PG duties. I think Tyrese will be very good playing point but I would would like to see him get eased into B12 PG duties.
I share the same sentiments.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That's a big assumption to make about Young.

Why is it a "big assumption" to view Solomon Young as a quality Big12 starter. He started 38 games during his freshman & sophomore years. As a soph, he averaged 7.2 pts & 5.9 rpg in Big12 play. I expect him to be a 11ppg/8rpg player next year. As a 5th option on offense- he's very solid and will give us a physical rebounder/defender.

IMO there is no guarantee Young starts, I expect to see significant improvement by Conditt by next November.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Why is it a "big assumption" to view Solomon Young as a quality Big12 starter. He started 38 games during his freshman & sophomore years. As a soph, he averaged 7.2 pts & 5.9 rpg in Big12 play. I expect him to be a 11ppg/8rpg player next year. As a 5th option on offense- he's very solid and will give us a physical rebounder/defender.

IMO there is no guarantee Young starts, I expect to see significant improvement by Conditt by next November.

Been a long time since he even played.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015

If prohm sticks to smallball dominant minutes, than i assume the job of center would be Jacobson's to loose. Starting Young and Jacobson migjt be interesting, but doesn't sound like prohm's first preference. If Jacobson were to slim down, speed up, gain some handles and a 37% 3 shot, sure. Than i think so.