NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Wait till they add LeBron.

I don't know what Lebron is going to do, but I don't think he's going to Philly. You already have Embiid in the paint and Simmons wouldn't be nearly as effective playing off the ball, and I don't think Lebron is going to be content to be a spot up shooter. He needs the ball in his hands.

The SIxers have plenty of talent but it doesn't seem like the right fit for Lebron.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Just imagine if they Sixers hadn't totally whiffed on Okafor and the Nerlens Noel trade. They have built quite a roster while having a few real bad drafts, with the outcome on Fultz also remaining to be seen.

You know what's funny is that Sam Hinkie continues to draw praise in Philly for the process but nobody in Cleveland is throwing parades for Sashi Brown, who basically applied the same strategy for the Browns and got fired for his efforts.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
With Embiid in the game, that’s a dynamic team. They have a good roster, tanking worked out for them.

I think they’re more fun to watch without Embiid with Simmons dealing and the rest chucking 3s. Maybe not a better team, but more ball movement at least.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think they’re more fun to watch without Embiid with Simmons dealing and the rest chucking 3s. Maybe not a better team, but more ball movement at least.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how those two grow and learn to play together. Especially if/when Embiid ever gets off his minutes restriction and starts playing 30+ minutes every night. Simmons will have to develop a reliable jumper at some point, but he's so good at everything else right now that he can get away with it. Lebron and Magic were lousy shooters early in their careers, too. They eventually got better.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
You know what's funny is that Sam Hinkie continues to draw praise in Philly for the process but nobody in Cleveland is throwing parades for Sashi Brown, who basically applied the same strategy for the Browns and got fired for his efforts.

Hinkie got fired for his efforts as well.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Just imagine if they Sixers hadn't totally whiffed on Okafor and the Nerlens Noel trade. They have built quite a roster while having a few real bad drafts, with the outcome on Fultz also remaining to be seen.

If they take someone better than Okafor, they may not get Simmons the next year.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rip City more like R.I.P City amirite.

Not sure how they got the record they got. 2 great guards surrounded by garbage. Most of their wins must have been against garbage teams.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not sure how they got the record they got. 2 great guards surrounded by garbage. Most of their wins must have bdeen against garbage teams.

Lillard just had a real bad series. They have so much money spent on guys like Turner and Harkless in addition to the two guards, they sure look like this was their high point.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
While I understand the concept behind this Utah Jazz uniform set (it's supposed to represent the colors of Utah's mountainous landscape), it's still so odd to me seeing them wear reds and oranges instead of greens and purples.

Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If the 76ers ever make a championship, I feel like they will become villains. They aren’t the result of some innovative “process”. The Royals
trusted the process 10 years before Philly did. And Embiid seems dumb to me rather than charismatic.

• Disagree
Reactions: mschmitty17

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
While I understand the concept behind this Utah Jazz uniform set (it's supposed to represent the colors of Utah's mountainous landscape), it's still so odd to me seeing them wear reds and oranges instead of greens and purples.

What’s the concept? Seems like they’re trying to steal the Nuggs sunset stuff.