Official 2014 Recruiting thread

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

He seems like a tough WR. I don't know the level of defenders he was playing against, but it looks like he's not afraid to catch the tough pass in traffic and he sure doesn't go down with the first hit. I like to see a WR break so many tackles like that

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I really hope we can land this guy
Peyton Newell - Yahoo! Sports

whenever i see kids like this that have many offers I always wonder what rivals fact checking policy is?

If I was a recruit and had gotten a letter or two from schools and told rivals I had an offer who's going to really know i'm lying? I doubt the schools get on the kids profile, see an offer that doesn't exist and emails rivals.

Not saying this kid is a liar, I've just always wondered how that worked.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Looks like Keegan Render is an Iowa lean. According to 247, Render believes Iowa to be "a better fit".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Iowa has just as good a shot at Foster as Iowa State, and it ain't a very good one. Likely a Husker. And nothing I have seen indicates that ISU is even in the running for Curtis. So good luck with that.

Well, you see, this is an Iowa State recruiting thread--so I really don't give a darn who Iowa or Nebraska have a shot with. :biggrin:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Anybody know of a DB from Houston visiting this weekend? Rivals seems to think he might be our next commit

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
The heading of the article would lead one to think we are in the mix:
Iowa State Football Recruiting

It's always fun this time of year because we get linked to kids like this and people get excited about guys like this coming to visit. unfortunately, most of the time when kids trim their lists, we are on the outside looking in.

Our facilities have vastly improved and CPR has been a pretty big name the last couple of years, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for this kid to become a Cyclone. I hope that some day we can be one of those schools that will be battling to the end for him, but I don't think this is our year.

Maybe it's the weather that is dragging me down...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron