Notre Dame to ACC as partial member

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
wow. I didn't see that coming. I figured they'd move at some point, but I didn't think it would be so soon. Just another nail in the coffin of the Big East.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
5 football games against ACC opponents? Pitt, Miami and BC will be three. I wonder about the other 2

also, so much for the death of the ACC

EDIT: forgot about Wake. I guess that leaves only one other ACC opponent

Last edited:

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
5 football games against ACC opponents? Pitt, Miami and BC will be three. I wonder about the other 2

also, so much for the death of the ACC

EDIT: forgot about Wake. I guess that leaves only one other ACC opponent

I don't think that Miami game is annual. I think that it just ended up on their schedule this year.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Obligatory do we go after any Big East schools?

Yeah, I wonder if it puts Louisville back on the table. Then again, our pie is only being split 10 ways, right now. What incentive is there to give up part of our piece?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don't think that Miami game is annual. I think that it just ended up on their schedule this year.

you're right. It looks like they rotate through the ACC, playing different teams, but always BC, and now Pitt.

cowboyhoy

Sep 19, 2009
Grundy Center
And how soon before the Big East Collapses? It doesn't seem like ND had much to do with the BE in football. Since Conference reallignment is solely dependent on football and revenues, maybe the BE survives? Unless the BIG12 poaches a few. But as was discussed ad nauseum in the super huge mega thread (that we all so dearly miss) what would a BE team bring to the table? Not much. Personally I'm glad we don't have the drama of ND. We are now in a different era of Multi Fricking Million dollar big12 tv deals without them.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Big 12 needs to get back to 12 with big east schools quickly before the good ones are snatched up.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I bet Dodd's has already started binge drinking down in Austin! Anger, then denial, then negotiating, then... wash, rinse, repeat. Guaranteed he's soaking his sorrows. But maybe this means Texas will join the ACC next...

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
So will that be at the expense of B1G teams or the service academies?

The only service academy they play this year is Navy and I think that series will continue. They're already playing 3 ACC games (Miami, BC, Wake) so it's only two teams to replace of this years schedule. BYU, OU, Pitt, Mich would be the four most likely to be replaced IMO.

edit: stupid Pitt. I forgot they were ACC now. So that means they only have one more ACC game to add and I think BYU or OU would be the prime candidates to not be on future schedules.

Help Support Us

Become a patron