Not to jinx anything but...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
On a small side note, I'm really excited to see what Lewis can do when he finally starts to get more solid minutes. He is really athletic and he has the potential to shoot at a high clip. Improve his handle and continue to build muscle and that kid will be a monster.
He's not going to get minutes this year and he's light years from a monster. I root for him as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Last night if you walked on the floor, you were tagged with a foul, regardless of which team.
Check in, whistle blows, foul.

Its was a training film on how not to referee a game.

Both Prohm and Huggy, were like WTF?

I fouled out and I was watching from home. :(

Figures, though. Refs always liked calling fouls on me.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Do you really though?
As long as it came with a 1.46 FTr.
Wigginton's issues have been efficiently getting his points. Few things would accomplish the needed improvement in efficiency as averaging a 1.46 FTr and making 81% of them. Although his 129 offensive rating was one of the lower marks on the team, it's still an outstanding game, and particularly impactful given his 44% usage.

• Funny
Reactions: Halincandenza

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As long as it came with a 1.46 FTr.
Wigginton's issues have been efficiently getting his points. Few things accomplish the needed improvement in efficiency as averaging a 1.46 FTr and making 81% of them. Although his 129 offensive rating was one of the lower marks on the team, it's still an outstanding game, and particularly impactful given his 44% usage.

Lol that was pretty much the exact response I was expecting. Love that 92 defensive rating off the bench though which was better than all but two of the starters

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lol that was pretty much the exact response I was expecting. Love that 92 defensive rating off the bench though which was better than all but two of the starters
I would hope so, as his struggle with becoming more efficient isn't exactly a tough thing to see. But I'm happy that you're able to see through the per game volume-based numbers.

His defense was solid, although the DRtg is probably one of the more flawed metrics. For example, Conditt and even Lard are not our best defenders, although they more likely to accumulate individual stops.

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would hope so, as his struggle with becoming more efficient isn't exactly a tough thing to see. But I'm happy that you're able to see through the per game volume-based numbers.

His defense was solid, although the DRtg is probably one of the more flawed metrics. For example, Conditt and even Lard are not our best defenders, although they more likely to accumulate individual stops.

He's been much more efficient on both ends of the court this year than last year. I'm guessing besides his 3pt % his offensive numbers are up across the board from last season. The kid is a flat out stud

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He's been much more efficient on both ends of the court this year than last year. I'm guessing besides his 3pt % his offensive numbers are up across the board from last season. The kid is a flat out stud
Prior to the last couple games many of his efficiency based numbers were flat- missing a lot of shots is a significant part of efficiency.

I agree that his non-shooting game was improved (outside of some horrific effort on defense that put Prohm in a bad spot), which is why I made the remark about FTr. Trading some of those bad 2s for FT attempts is great to see. I'm sure the last two games, and three of the last four, is a surprise to some that thought he needed to start to "get in the groove", but to others, it's not. It was expected he'd improve as he learned to how to be more than an inefficient volume guy on a team that has many options. He's way too talented to be shooting a sub 50% on effective FG%. That improvement happening doesn't refute any statements saying he needed to improve, but it does help Prohm's recruiting.

Now, about THT...

Last edited:
  • Funny

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He's attacking and it's making all the difference in the world. I think his foot may be feeling better.

He's attacking but also being more selective about when to attack.

Earlier it would mean a pile of players in the lane.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No idea how you defend us when Wigginton, Shayok and THT are on the floor together. You're going to have to put a marginal defensive player on one of them, and maybe two depending on how many "lockdown" defenders the other team has.

Add in that NWB, TH, and Talley aren't exactly bad at getting a defense to respond and MJ and Lard are both versatile and it's hype-city.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It's crazy how many times a game he hits the floor. I'm not sure I've watched anyone fall to the floor as much. He worries me, because I'm afraid, one of those falls is going to be a twisted ankle or wrist.

Any time Deandre Kane took a shot that wasn’t a 3 or a free throw, he’d be on the ground, it felt like. He was a wrecking ball with his body when driving the lane.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Any time Deandre Kane took a shot that wasn’t a 3 or a free throw, he’d be on the ground, it felt like. He was a wrecking ball with his body when driving the lane.
When asked about Marcus Smart's flopping Kane said that it didn't bother him because he wasn't above a little flop now and then to get a call. He then proceeded to own Smart in the fabled double flop.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...478/your-bpi-influenced-ncaa-tournament-draft

i

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron