Not to jinx anything but...

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Take everything with a grain of salt... it's WVU. One of the worst defenses in the country/conference.

Wiggy's getting better, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's less successful in drives in the next two games against Texas and OU.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Yeah, not often, but sometimes. It's a potent go-to option for when we really need a bucket at the end of a game. In that situation, I'm going Babb/Wigginton/THT/Shayok/Lard.

It is funny cuz you don't have ISU's best three point shooter (percentage wise) even in that line-up! lol The scoring threat of this team is off the charts compared to pretty much every team in the nation

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The drive and dish game with him playing like this should be a weapon that will crucial to beating quality teams.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Take everything with a grain of salt... it's WVU. One of the worst defenses in the country/conference.

Wiggy's getting better, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's less successful in drives in the next two games against Texas and OU.
Texas will have a great rim protector. Hopefully the jumpshots keep falling.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Helps tremendously when he gets calls. Many nights teams are allowed to body him.

This is true and partly why he can have such up and down performances. Some nights he gets to the line (OSU, WVU), and other nights the same moves end in bad shots or turnovers (KU). The challenge for him is to figure out how it's being called and adjusting. If he's not finishing/getting the calls, he should look to facilitate. That's not really fair, but the reality of basketball.

Monte always got killed at the rim and got no calls. Life as a smaller guard.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Lard has to realize at times it is better to let someone go then foul them. When guys have you beat right under the basket it isn't worth it to get a foul. Just go straight up.

true, but that seems to only be half the problem. he gets called for some of the most ticky tacky fouls I've ever seen consistently against one player. reminds me of a HS teammate. refs would just look at the guy and blow the whistle on him for simply being on the court. my opinion is probably biased, but it sure seems like if lard opens his mouth to breath he gets called for it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
And just like that, Lindell is our second leading scorer and he didn’t have games against Southern, North Dakota State, Texas Southern, Nebraska-Omaha and Iowa to pad his stats.
He takes the 3rd most shots. So basically he’s surpassed THT? Not surprising given the level of difficulty in the attempts by THT.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This is true and partly why he can have such up and down performances. Some nights he gets to the line (OSU, WVU), and other nights the same moves end in bad shots or turnovers (KU). The challenge for him is to figure out how it's being called and adjusting. If he's not finishing/getting the calls, he should look to facilitate. That's not really fair, but the reality of basketball.

Monte always got killed at the rim and got no calls. Life as a smaller guard.
Unless you have a KU jersey on. Graham and Mason got a ton of calls.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's crazy how many times a game he hits the floor. I'm not sure I've watched anyone fall to the floor as much. He worries me, because I'm afraid, one of those falls is going to be a twisted ankle or wrist.

Here's your jinx.

• Funny
Reactions: Cydkar

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, not often, but sometimes. It's a potent go-to option for when we really need a bucket at the end of a game. In that situation, I'm going Babb/Wigginton/THT/Shayok/Lard.

Problem is NWB & Haliburton are productive players that don't need to shoot a lot but do the other things that make this team so good. Can't sit THT much because his bulk allows him to guard a 4 and maintain the versatility of a four guard lineup. That leaves the leading scorer in the conference. To me you just split the 160 minutes between the five guards and use Talley when the need arises just like Condit upfront .

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He played his best game of the season last night on both ends of the court. He's hitting his stride at the right time. Lard is inching closer as well. If those two are playing at a high level in March, the sky is the limit with this team.

That would give you a legit group of 7 P5 high level players, plus Talley, Conditt and Lewis as needed for depth.
On a small side note, I'm really excited to see what Lewis can do when he finally starts to get more solid minutes. He is really athletic and he has the potential to shoot at a high clip. Improve his handle and continue to build muscle and that kid will be a monster.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclad

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I have been pretty disappointed in some of his performances. But he is really shaping up to be as good as we knew he can be :cool:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron