North Carolina Central

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Leading scorer averages 20. Second guy comes in at 10, no one else in double figures.

I think they press and try to force a lot of turnovers. If we can bottle up their leading guard and take care of the ball I think we've neutralized both their offensive and defensive strategy. We haven't played a lot of true press teams, but at the end of games with leads we haven't made bad decisions in bounding the ball and such.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think they press and try to force a lot of turnovers. If we can bottle up their leading guard and take care of the ball I think we've neutralized both their offensive and defensive strategy. We haven't played a lot of true press teams, but at the end of games with leads we haven't made bad decisions in bounding the ball and such.

Yes please on the press. With ball handling ability at five spots, Fred will attack the hell out of it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I would like to double-dog dare them to bring the press from the tipoff.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Both Iowa and WV like to Press and do it pretty darn well and neither of them pressed us during the games. NC Central comes out with a press and they will lose and lose big. There is a reason why teams we have played who press didn't.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
NCCU went 26-5 against the weakest schedule in the MEAC. (SOS was in the range of 350.) They played well against horrible opponents. They lost to UIPUI (RPI 321) Florida A&M (RPI 297) and a pretty poor Maryland team (RPI 75). Their only quality win of any kind was against NC State (RPI 53) but to their credit it was an overtime road win. They also lost to Wichita State, but the rest of their schedule was tomato cans.

BourbonClone

Mar 10, 2013
I think North Carolina Central should be 40 minute pound the rock type of game for us.

I like our chance with who we could meet up with in the early rounds of tournament. (NCCU, UNC/PROV, and NOVA) At the very least, I like our #3 spot better than Kansas's #2 journey. Just unfortunate that the games are located in New York.

Side-Bar, I wouldn't want to necessarily play Creighton, but I'm a little surprised they got a three seed.

BourbonClone

Mar 10, 2013
Both Iowa and WV like to Press and do it pretty darn well and neither of them pressed us during the games. NC Central comes out with a press and they will lose and lose big. There is a reason why teams we have played who press didn't.

The reason is we are #1 in the nation in assists per game.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
NCCU has a guard who can shoot pretty well. Their interior game is non existent basically. I would be shocked if we didn't just pound the ball inside to Ejim and Niang along with posting up Kane all night. Because we tend to start slow and I can see NCCU coming out all fired up..hitting some early threes..I can see the first half being somewhat close maybe ISU 5-8pts. 2nd half I see us overpowering them and just wearing them down.

ISU- 82
NCCU- 68

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
I was watching the meac title game because nothing else was on. After a few minutes I got bored and went outside and did chores. I wish I would have watched them play now darn it.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't believe you can look past any team this time of year, I would love it if everything would click and we could win a game big, I am tired of stuff being so close throughout though I have gotten use to never giving up on this team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron