Nice Berry Tramel recognition…

giphy-11.gif

Reactions: Brandon

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I couldn’t access the article. Could someone provide a summary?
We earned serious respect. Campbell is doing it his own way. The coming year, no one will overlook us. The OU game is top game of any Big 12 school all year. ToE game is top Big 12 non con.

from article: “We have really high expectations for ourselves, but we also know every season and every year is defined by who you are at the end and not who you are at the beginning,” Campbell said in April, after the conclusion of spring practice.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I couldn’t access the article. Could someone provide a summary?

Campbell built the program quietly and with the focus being in-ward, not worried about the outside world. Compared it to Snyder at KSU.

Legit title contender, legit contender on the national stage.

He ranked ISU-OU as the best/most anticipated game of the upcoming season.

Overall very complimentary and spot on.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
"Campbell knows that you don’t get to the top 10 by focusing on the summit. You get to the top 10 by focusing on the climb."

This paragraph sums up Coach Campbell's coaching philosophy in a nutshell. It's also why I believe our program's success is sustainable for the long term.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
"Campbell knows that you don’t get to the top 10 by focusing on the summit. You get to the top 10 by focusing on the climb."

This paragraph sums up Coach Campbell's coaching philosophy in a nutshell. It's also why I believe our program's success is sustainable for the long term.

2DAa.gif

• Funny
Reactions: zcecsch

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wanted to read, too much hassle getting around the paywall for off season filler content.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
A 12-team playoff is outstanding news for a Campbell-led Iowa St football program. Campbell approaches each season with the goal of playing our best football toward the end of the season, and an expanded playoff is our only shot to consistently compete for championships.
With a 4 team playoff, Programs like Iowa St would have to go 12-0 a lot of years to make it, even 11-1 we might get jumped by SEC #2 (see Baylor TCU)
I see 10-2 teams competing on the big stage of a 12 team playoff and that’s a lot more realistic for the majority of programs.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
There's the "nobody outside of Iowa cares" talking heads, and then there's writers like Berry Tramel. The best in the Big 12, and maybe the country, Tramel is one 'outsider' that really gets Matt Campbell and knows how significant the developments in Ames truly are.

I think “nobody outside Iowa cares” is slightly inaccurate. The last several years, particularly late last year, they’ve been forced to care, and they don’t like it. It’s probably part of the reason why at this point they’re desperate for Campbell to take any NFL or college job outside the state of Iowa so they can no longer be forced to care.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have a friend in Texas (from Oklahoma) who is a huge OU fan. He’s always talking trash about Texas and Oklahoma State, but won’t about ISU.

He tells me that Oklahoma fans respect ISU because they beat OU—then proved it wasn’t a fluke. He says ISU is the biggest conference threat to OU going forward, not the other two schools.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron