Nice Niang POTY Article

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
The love fest ESPN is having for Buddy at OU right now could make it tough for anyone else to be POY

It'll help Niangs chances a great deal if we can knock off KU as Big 12 champs. Same goes for Hield and OU. Win and the individual awards tend to follow.

Love the fact we play @OU game one of the Big 12. Playing with house money. Lose and we're just fine as likely no one will win in Norman all year. Win and you set the tone as the front runner. House money.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
I misted up in Melvin's last home game. And I mean this as no offense to Ejim, as I loved him, but Georges is on a different level for me. It'll be hard to hold back I think.

When Hines isn't being pressure to stupidly publish career-driven, "OMG" non-stories about athletic budgets, he can actually write a decent article.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
When Hines isn't being pressure to stupidly publish career-driven, "OMG" non-stories about athletic budgets, he can actually write a decent article.
Have you not noticed that since that stupid article, he has been sucking up big time. Won't work for me; I flat out refuse to read the guy's work. If it was BS when it was critical of our program, why would it not be BS when it is complementary of our program. He burned a lot of bridges with that article on Pollard. He's got a lot of work to do to convince me he is a legitimate writer to be followed.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
The love fest ESPN is having for Buddy at OU right now could make it tough for anyone else to be POY

Hield is having a special season. It's not often you see a P5 player on a top 5 team averaging 24 ppg. He's a special player and a ton of fun to watch.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think with Valentine's injury question marks now in play it's Buddy in the lead and then Georges is right there with anybody else.

Valentine was putting up some pretty insane #s on a good team against a good non-con. Will be interesting if he picks up where he left or dips.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hield is having a special season. It's not often you see a P5 player on a top 5 team averaging 24 ppg. He's a special player and a ton of fun to watch.

It's odd that he and Dunn came back. They were both ready to contribute this season at the next level.

benwied

Jun 19, 2015
Love the fact we play @OU game one of the Big 12. Playing with house money. Lose and we're just fine as likely no one will win in Norman all year. Win and you set the tone as the front runner. House money.

Great take. I am in agreement.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Buddy is playing great, that is where all the head to head match ups in the B12 get fun, play everybody twice and a chance for 3 in KC. I still think it's between ISU, OU,KU for the title with Baylor and Texas playing spoiler for any of the 3. The further we get in March-April the better Georges chances go up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Buddy is playing great, that is where all the head to head match ups in the B12 get fun, play everybody twice and a chance for 3 in KC. I still think it's between ISU, OU,KU for the title with Baylor and Texas playing spoiler for any of the 3. The further we get in March-April the better Georges chances go up.

For all the attention our UAB loss gets Oklahoma has underperformed in both post season tournaments lately. Personally I think both these teams will be a nightmare for anybody come NCAA...but there is some redemption involved for both.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think with Valentine's injury question marks now in play it's Buddy in the lead and then Georges is right there with anybody else.

Valentine was putting up some pretty insane #s on a good team against a good non-con. Will be interesting if he picks up where he left or dips.

Is this an injury that will hamper him the whole year? I saw he was having surgery, but would be back in 2-3 weeks, so it couldn't be too major.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is this an injury that will hamper him the whole year? I saw he was having surgery, but would be back in 2-3 weeks, so it couldn't be too major.

I'm thinking he was in such an unbelievable groove that even if he's physically fine the break in playing could disrupt it. I was ready to just hand him the thing before the injury.