News Anchor Inappropriate?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I can't imagine this story getting the same legs had it been a man in swimming trunks. Or at least the comments wouldn't all start off first saying that the guy shouldn't have been showing his abs because women can't control their objectification. Should she have been on air in a bikini? From a professional standpoint, I'm not sure it's the best idea ever. However, she was dressed appropriately for the venue/activities.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Your argument is valid the next time you see a male news reporter in swim shorts at the scene of a car accident.

what does that have to do with anything?! wearing a swim suit for a car accident story? Weird. Wearing a swim suit for a story about in waterpark in which you demonstrate one of the rides and end up in the water? Not weird.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If this had been a fit male reporter wearing swim trunks and no shirt and the female co-anchor was the one making the comments, this would not even be news.

As others on this thread have already posited, I believe that the story's producer got exactly what he/she wanted from this report.

Counter-argument: Do you really think they'd ever said a male reporter to cover that kind of story, in this manner?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would sure hope it wasn't encouraged. It would be super sleazy - which unfortunately is a valid possibility in ratings wars, but ew. That reporter will likely have difficulty being taken seriously again in her career - the video will follow her for forever.

Meh, I am guessing she will be fine. Erin Andrews seems to be doing ok.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I can't imagine this story getting the same legs had it been a man in swimming trunks. Or at least the comments wouldn't all start off first saying that the guy shouldn't have been showing his abs because women can't control their objectification. Should she have been on air in a bikini? From a professional standpoint, I'm not sure it's the best idea ever. However, she was dressed appropriately for the venue/activities.

What if the man was wearing a 2 piece?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Uh, yeah, that was a little unessesscaery. The girl was hot, but at time like these you can't say stuff on the air that you would say watching this in your living room.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Why does his dropped rape accusation matter? You boys are treating him like Leath treats Bubu.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
If this had been a fit male reporter wearing swim trunks and no shirt and the female co-anchor was the one making the comments, this would not even be news. As others on this thread have already posited, I believe that the story's producer got exactly what he/she wanted from this report.
Unprofessional is unprofessional. Would it be less of a story if it was a comment made by a woman about a man? Probably, but it wouldn't have been less inappropriate.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yes, I'm sure Erin Andrews wakes up every morning and thanks god that she had her privacy violated in such a gross way.

yep, that is exactly what I said. point is, before you went soap box, is that if EA can recover from what happened to her, this reporter can do the same.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Why does his dropped rape accusation matter? You boys are treating him like Leath treats Bubu.

He is in the public eye, he's just going to have more scrutiny on these matters. It's part of choosing to be a public figure. Kobe chooses the spotlight, therefore he's still watched about the rape stuff.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
He is in the public eye, he's just going to have more scrutiny on these matters. It's part of choosing to be a public figure. Kobe chooses the spotlight, therefore he's still watched about the rape stuff.

But Kobe is smart enough not to make comments about hot females.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

...literally...:wideeyed:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

a) it's not like it's not still gross without the context of the rape accusations
b) if Bubu went on live TV or on record with comments like this after the year he's had, I'd call him out for a being an idiot too

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Regardless of everything else, it was completely unprofessional and pervy of the guy. Why would a news station want a guy like that representing them in this day and age?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

ahem....

BcN0ZVdCIAIchxc.jpg