New Verbal

eclone

Apr 10, 2006
Grimes
Probably because they have the Paulsen twins and Newborg on board already. Add to that Reynolds who will count toward 2015 scholly limit and your at 4 (2 at guard, 2 at tackle) 2015 OL in this class.

Reynolds was bumped from a greyshirt to a full scholly offer today, so will count toward 2014. But the idea is still the same.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I'm going to love seeing what happens with Mangino and Blaney at the helm of our Oline. Two proven guys leading a good looking group. Exciting!:yes:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I can see him being a solid lineman down the road.

Iowa didn't want him at least not yet. They have other targets they like more. It's not that they don't have room bc Newborg is going to the Dline. So the only have 2 OL commits.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Okay, I have seen height as 6-4, 6-5, 6-6 and 6-7 and weight anywhere from 289-295. That isn't a huge discrepancy on the weight, but the height is all over the place. Is this just a matter of out dated information on some sites? Does anyone now how big this kid really is?

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
How bad is Iowa HS football talent? Even Rivals (where he is #1 in the state) only has him as a 3*. There aren't a lot of high level recruits and no where near enough D-I caliber athletes to fill out the rosters of two Power 5 programs. Winning the in-state battle is good for PR and fan bragging rights but little else.

There are not many states that can fill out the rosters of 2 major d1 teams. Iowa is middle of the road in terms of talent, usually anywhere from 8-12 kids a year go d1, the vast majority being high d1. If we had a school like Akron or Troy here that number would be way higher.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Paul Clark ‏@cyclonereport 47m

Just got off the phone with CR Prairie OL Bryce Meeker, who called Iowa State his "dream school" in explaining commitment decision today.

Love converting former Hawks to the good guys!

Seriously do you think before posting? What do you think he was going to say when being interviewed by the guy that runs the ISU recruiting site? Do you really think he's going to say, "well, Iowa was my dream school but they didn't offer so I went ahead and took the next best thing but I'm still open if Iowa comes knocking"?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Seriously do you think before posting? What do you think he was going to say when being interviewed by the guy that runs the ISU recruiting site? Do you really think he's going to say, "well, Iowa was my dream school but they didn't offer so I went ahead and took the next best thing but I'm still open if Iowa comes knocking"?

True, but he didn't have to volunteer the dream school thing. He could have said something like he felt that Iowa State was the best fit for him at this time.

There was no reason to attack this poster for passing along information.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
FWIW... sounds like Iowa did make an offer to Ross Reynolds and he accepted. Grey shirt opportunity that will likely grow into a full scholarship: http://iowa.scout.com/2/1369515.html

This kid was the worst teammate I had in my 4 years of playing sports in high school. He's the type of player who blames others for his own mistakes and is quick to put people down. Couldn't stand him at all.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
This kid was the worst teammate I had in my 4 years of playing sports in high school. He's the type of player who blames others for his own mistakes and is quick to put people down. Couldn't stand him at all.

Interesting. That isn't going to get him very far in Iowa City.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
There are not many states that can fill out the rosters of 2 major d1 teams. Iowa is middle of the road in terms of talent, usually anywhere from 8-12 kids a year go d1, the vast majority being high d1. If we had a school like Akron or Troy here that number would be way higher.

Disagree but I won't derail the thread any more than I have.

I am excited to get this young man on board. I hope he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If true, hopefully he gets a rude awakening when he tries that crap on his 'roided up teammates in IC.

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
I think most Hawks you will speak too will be happy for Meeker. Love to see Iowa boys get those offers. I think Reynolds having his greyshirt switched upgraded to a full ride for 2014 sealed the deal with Iowa recruiting Meeker. Not saying anything about his ability and more about the fact that Iowa was recruiting him at Guard which the Hawks are loaded at already.

Congrats on Meeker guys. Wish he was a Hawk tho. Hoping for Waechter to get an offer.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Simmer down sparky

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
We dont recruit the state of Iowa, we just take the top rated recruits and move on and let Iowa get the leftovers.

I'd have liked to land Nelson, Render, and Scheel last year. Especially Nelson and Scheel. Saw Nelson play in person twice. Kid is a freak.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I'd have liked to land Nelson, Render, and Scheel last year. Especially Nelson and Scheel. Saw Nelson play in person twice. Kid is a freak.

I second this. AN really impressed me last fall. Only thing that scares me is if Iowa offers, I have a feeling we lose him.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
I don't mean to hijack this thread; but, the "big deal" (offensive line-wise) is Grant Schmidt's decision (Sioux Falls, SD OT prospect). He is currently camping at Columbus, Ohio, and has stated that his top 3 are Ohio State, Minnesota, and Iowa State. Rated (by Rivals) as the #22 2015 offensive tackle prospect in the country. If he doesn't commit, while at Ohio State, I like our chances.....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron