New Verbal

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
That was a pretty quick commitment wasn't it? Or did the offer happen a long time ago and I just read about it this weekend?

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Not sure when the offer was extended, but looks like he's been camping at Iowa State lately, so the offer could have been very recent.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
What is that, 3 years in a row we've got a commitment out of the Rivals #1 recruit in the state?

Campos
Lazard
and now Meeker

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Good size at 6 foot 6 285.

Lined up at guard at Iowa's camp.

Good size at 6 foot 6 285.

Lined up at guard at Iowa's camp.

i0dMp8gsbAQxz.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Seems like the type of guy in 3-4 years could be a force.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
The Iowa rivals guy stated that Meeker and his family are big Iowa fans and they were hoping to get the offer but it never came. Kakert thinks that down the line if Iowa reevaluates him and offers he will jump in a heartbeat.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
So according to Rivals he's the #1 rated recruit in Iowa?

According to Rivals, yes. He's not rated on Scout which means they have him below a 2 star. 247 has him as #3 in Iowa.

He recently camped at Iowa, and didn't receive an offer. He plays at CR Prairie so he's right in Iowa's backyard. makes me wonder why Iowa never made an offer. They do already have the Paulsen twins. That might be part of it. Here's a link with a write up about Iowa's dealings with Meeker *(towards the bottom):

http://iowa.247sports.com/Article/The-Week-That-Was-in-Iowa-Football-and-Life-in-General-29038443

Iowa's Chances with Bryce Meeker: To be fair, Iowa hasn't offered Meeker, and if they did, I think we'd be looking at a different story. Meeker has been around Iowa's radar though, and he's an intriguing offensive tackle recruit at 6-foot-7, 290 pounds. He has the length a program like Iowa covets on the edges of the offensive line.
Apparently Iowa never saw what they wanted to see out of Meeker though, because he's been to countless camps and junior days, and has yet to receive an offer.
6_1210214.jpg
I've predicted Meeker will end up at Iowa State

Iowa State saw him at camp and pulled the trigger on an offer a few days ago, and now it looks like a underrated recruit who would have been a guaranteed Hawkeye had he received an offer, will end up in Ames.
Sure, the Hawks can still offer, but at this point since they've waited so long; I'm not sure they will.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron