New uniforms = Ronald McDonald?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The players voted on it. The majority of them obviously like this combination. If the players enjoy it.....look good, feel good, play good. We will see.

BUT BUT RECRUITS. If anything, I would think that recruits would see our whiny fan base ******** about something that the players (who are similar age to recruits) voted on, and be turned off.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
BUT BUT RECRUITS. If anything, I would think that recruits would see our whiny fan base ******** about something that the players (who are similar age to recruits) voted on, and be turned off.

As I said earlier, I'm youngish and I like them. Maybe there's an age block of old people that don't like them?

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Dude, check out the new ISU unis!!! (theyre not new) whatever bro. THey are obviously trying to copy the red and gold of the frito lay logo. bahahahahaha. What are they majoring in chip making or something!!!!!! (high five)

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
As I said earlier, I'm youngish and I like them. Maybe there's an age block of old people that don't like them?

I'm oldish and I don't really care for them. But then my personal preference is to stay away from the matching jersey-pants color anyway, except for all white. I don't care if it's red, yellow, green, black or mauve ... if your jersey matches your pants, it looks like you're wearing pajamas. Just not my thing.

But it ain't up to me, and if the players like it, whatever. Just stay off my lawn, whippersnappers.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Usually when other schools break out new uniforms they tend to look good. These don't. If you're going to go with a solid color, bring back the all reds.

No, they don't.

I'm not saying these are good, but they got posted on an ESPN blog. There are three things these uniforms are for. Players, fans and public buzz. Pretty good job getting the uniforms shown for a game that's not even going to be on National TV.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
No, they don't.

I'm not saying these are good, but they got posted on an ESPN blog. There are three things these uniforms are for. Players, fans and public buzz. Pretty good job getting the uniforms shown for a game that's not even going to be on National TV.

Not all publicity is good publicity. We are being laughed at nationally for this.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I'm oldish and I don't really care for them. But then my personal preference is to stay away from the matching jersey-pants color anyway, except for all white. I don't care if it's red, yellow, green, black or mauve ... if your jersey matches your pants, it looks like you're wearing pajamas. Just not my thing.

But it ain't up to me, and if the players like it, whatever. Just stay off my lawn, whippersnappers.

Sigh... We couldn't have more different opinions, except the part about "if the players like it" which I can totally high five you for.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Not all publicity is good publicity. We are being laughed at nationally for this.

Penn State getting publicity for Sandusky was bad publicity. Anyone outside of Iowa talking about ISU's jersey is good publicity. And "laughed at nationally" is incredible hyperbole, lighten up francis.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Hate the all "solid" look on any team. Just doesn't work for FB. Hoops, it works for some reason.

Cardinal on Cardinal sucked for the McCarney years.... pretty sure I'll dislike the yellow on yellow too. I actually like our current jerseys (but wish we had yellow helmets with 2 cardinal stripes down the center of the helmet for home and wish we wore cardinal pants for the road games with cardinal helmets with two yellow stripes down the center....if I could choose) as they are traditional looking and solid.

Now if they just wore the white pants for Saturday's game with the yellow jerseys... it would be "meh," but an improvement over all yellow.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
OH MY GOD! CAN WE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT UNIFORM COMBINATIONS!

WE'RE NEVER GOING TO GET ANY MORE ALTERNATES IN THE FUTURE IF YOU KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ONES WE DO GET!

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
So all gold basketball unis are second to none, but all gold football unis are god awful?!

If there was NOT a red helmet, this would be a non-issue. Guaranteed.

The players voted for this - and that's enough for me to like them too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron