New uniforms = Ronald McDonald?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
New uniforms = distract us from the mediocre play on the field. Why are the players worrying about uniforms when they should be worrying about Toledo?

Forget a jimlad??

Or do you really think the coaches saying, "do you guys wanna wear these, or these?" then the players responding with, "those" really distracts them from game preparation?? Got to be f'in kidding me..

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why do we give two ***** about what a certain fanbase that normally mocks us for ripping off USC's jerseys (usually while wearing their ripoff Pittsburgh Steelers jerseys) thinks? I mean, if it weren't McDonald's. It would be something else.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
Why do we give two ***** about what a certain fanbase that normally mocks us for ripping off USC's jerseys (usually while wearing their ripoff Pittsburgh Steelers jerseys) thinks? I mean, if it weren't McDonald's. It would be something else.

Amen. It's not like ISU is sporting those offensive "ANF" stickers.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Amen. It's not like ISU is sporting those offensive "ANF" stickers.

We should support a "ANBM" patch. America needs Big Mac's! We could have each player pick their patch. I'd personally go with the "ANQPWC". Love the quarter pounder with cheese!

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
We should support a "ANBM" patch. America needs Big Mac's! We could have each player pick their patch. I'd personally go with the "ANQPWC". Love the quarter pounder with cheese!

Do you know what they call an "ANQPWC" sticker in France?

ANERWC, because of the metric system

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
if you going to have all gold jerseys why not have gold/white helmets to go with them?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
When people here get defensive when posters of CF get mocked by other boards, I'll bookmark this thread. This thread is just embarrassingly stupid.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Chuckd .... you hit it out of the park in this thread.

I remember the first game wearing yellow on yellow... against Mizzo (for the youngsters bawling about the uniforms, that is Missouri, they used to be in the big12).

Damn it was cold that night, and I thought the jerseys looked great under the lights. I'm exCYted to see what they look like during the day.

-keep

CyVik7

Nov 15, 2010
Altoona, IA
The players voted on it. The majority of them obviously like this combination. If the players enjoy it.....look good, feel good, play good. We will see.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Based on pictures I don't love them but I am far from hating them too. I don't love our normal home uniforms so I am good with switching it up. I think I would actually prefer to always wear white jerseys with cardinal pants at home (and white on white for away games) over what we currently have for uniforms.

The only thing with the uniforms that I wish would have been different is the helmet, go with yellow or gray.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Is someone around here making fun of clowns?

[video=youtube;mRP_uMWFueY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRP_uMWFueY [/video]

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I personally like the all gold uniforms. I think they look pretty slick. People are always going to find something to make fun of. We are copying USC. We look like Ketchup and Mustard. All red unis? we look like giant tomatoes. All gold with red stripes? we look like ronald mcdonald.

Who cares what they say? I wish the sensitive part of our fan base could just learn to laugh at themselves, take second-grade criticism with a grain of salt, or ignore the banter. If they are making fun of our uniforms, at least they aren't talking about our lousy record. This is free publicity! Oregon learned a long time ago that their ugly uniforms gather media attention, and that isn't a bad thing.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
then buy some gold/white helmets?

I don't disagree with this at all; in fact, I think ISU should have the three colors (white, gold, cardinal) in pants jerseys and helmets, and choose different combinations from them for each game. However, I would venture to guess that you cant just put in a order of new helmets on Sunday, and expect them to arrive by Friday.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I don't really have a problem with them, though I'm not in love with them. If the players chose them and they like them, that's all that really matters. My guess is they will look a little better to some of those that hate them when we see them on the field and we curb stomp Toledo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron