*New Uniform Thread*

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Something's got to be going on with uni's this weekend, right? Because normally wouldn't the equipment staff have tweeted out the uniform combo for this week? I'm in the crowd expecting to see gray lids at some point.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Tweet of lockers shows red lids.

Technically those aren't in someone's locker.

It looks like they're on a shelf with other helmets. 'Classic' and 'Flex' are the styles and then it has the sizes in the middle.

Maybe just a random tweet for them?!?!

NOBODY KNOWS

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Those may not be in lockers, but they still have all of the gameday stickers on them. Unless they are trying to throw us off, I'd bet on seeing at least red helmets. Wouldn't surprise me if we went with a traditional color scheme week 1 then bring something new out for the Iowa game.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Those may not be in lockers, but they still have all of the gameday stickers on them. Unless they are trying to throw us off, I'd bet on seeing at least red helmets. Wouldn't surprise me if we went with a traditional color scheme week 1 then bring something new out for the Iowa game.
I didn't see a helmet stripe and the face mask is red now. Wouldn't surprise me if that is one of the slight changes we will see on Saturday. I imagine we come out in a sleeker model of what we already have, with small adjustments.

Reactions: srjclone

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I didn't see a helmet stripe and the face mask is red now. Wouldn't surprise me if that is one of the slight changes we will see on Saturday. I imagine we come out in a sleeker model of what we already have, with small adjustments.
They used a red facemask last year too

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They used a red facemask last year too
Must have been a practice helmet I remember seeing earlier this year with the grey. I thought we had tried a red flake helmet with a red face mask a year or so back but its all bleeding together, what with discussion ad nauseum of uniforms.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
This is still my favorite "recent" alt uni.

2007-Iowa-State-Throwback-Uniform-620x413.jpg

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Saw this earlier on Twitter:

Purports to either be in the equipment room or knows somebody in the equipment room based on the other tweets and replies.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009

I really hope we don't wear those uniforms ever again...I'm sick of it. I would bet they come out with all cardinal like they did for Oklahoma last year.