*New Uniform Thread*

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Without opening, I would assume we are tied with USC for that 7 spot.

No, their uniforms are "traditional" and "timeless". While our color scheme is ketchup and mustard, inspired by Ronald McDonald.

No actual insight into the design elements of the uniforms. Just that they're USC knockoffs.

He also said we should have stuck with the Dog Bone Collar Seneca Wallace era uniforms. That in itself destroys his credibility.

sportsIOWASTATEwallace_t640.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
No, their uniforms are "traditional" and "timeless". While our color scheme is ketchup and mustard, inspired by Ronald McDonald.

No actual insight into the design elements of the uniforms. Just that they're USC knockoffs.

If it's analysis by committee, I can live with it, but this is a case when it's a single writer who contradicts his choices.

Example: Clemson (#6 on "best" list) and UTEP (#6 Worst). Doesn't matter if any of us like or hate either one. Just compare the uniforms and accompanying arguments.

clemson uniform.jpg UTEP1.jpg

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I want stripes on the cardinal lids and gray helmets with stripes as well.

I bet we see a return of this guy:

upload_2017-2-13_10-51-36.jpeg

And probably a "true" gold lid at which point all the 49ers weirdos here will LOSE THEIR ****. I'm optimistic about a reappearance of the funnel as well considering they were already using them as pride stickers last fall.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I don't believe they will do more with the uniforms, helmets there is only so much you can do without completely re-designing

I know a lot of the kids around here don't care for the shoulder & pants stripes, but I'd love to see a return of white highlights to differentiate us from USC:

5542780.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time Campbell was hired we didn't really have time to change anything about the format of the uniforms, but adding gray and adding a white shell were obviously options.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I know a lot of the kids around here don't care for the shoulder & pants stripes, but I'd love to see a return of white highlights to differentiate us from USC:

5542780.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time Campbell was hired we didn't really have time to change anything about the format of the uniforms, but adding gray and adding a white shell were obviously options.
You are correct in that, he said Nike needed more time in advance to be able to make drastic changes. We should see some changes in the near future

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I bet we see a return of this guy:

View attachment 46466

And probably a "true" gold lid at which point all the 49ers weirdos here will LOSE THEIR ****. I'm optimistic about a reappearance of the funnel as well considering they were already using them as pride stickers last fall.

I'd love to see Fightin Cy more.

This staff seems to like and respect the old school Cyclone logo too. I'd love for them to pull out an alternate helmet like you have in your signature.

Cardinal Cyclone on Yellow or True Gold, Gold funnel on Cardinal. Cardinal on Gray. Anything like that works for me.

The funnel cloud is the most unique logo we have to ISU and I'd love for them to use it a lot more.