*New Uniform Thread*

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I think those are the socks from the Jack Trice throwback game if I remember correctly

Looks like you are correct - they are a darker red too so that makes sense.
iowa-state-throwback-620x348.jpg

Reactions: CY05O

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I wonder how they will find a number for Lanning that is not worn by anyone else, since there are so many duplicates

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think we might be seeing a Black and Silver only tribute to the original colors. Other than that just more mixing and matching, with a likely addition of an alternate helmet color. I don't see us getting two different new helmet colors unless they can used in the future with the redesign. Helmets aren't cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Let's be honest, even if they completely changed our colors next year, they could put all of the 2017 helmets up for sale on the website and the fans would buy them in less than a day, probably for more than the school paid for them.

Not that I like to compare us to them but Kansas has 5 football helmet color choices and within those, they switch between multiple decal options. I think we could easily keep up with KU financially. LEAD_helmet_t650.jpg Bu4waX3CcAIRZkP.jpg-large.jpeg

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think what we'll see this year is maybe one new helmet color and then different helmet decals to mix in.

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Does ISU mix up uniforms a lot? How many different combos can a person expect to see during the course of a season?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I wonder how they will find a number for Lanning that is not worn by anyone else, since there are so many duplicates

Uhh there's plenty of numbers he can use on defense. The number you use on defense and offense don't have to be the same.

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Last year i don't think we used the same exact combo. There was maybe one time we redid the same combo

Oh wow. I look forward to that. Do they have fan participation games like a 'white out' or all fans are encouraged to wear red or something for a certain game?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Oh wow. I look forward to that. Do they have fan participation games like a 'white out' or all fans are encouraged to wear red or something for a certain game?

They have done it in the past. That is more frequent with the basketball program. I can see us doing that more in the future though. Campbell wants Jack Trice to be rabid.

Reactions: Jjflm62

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Does ISU mix up uniforms a lot? How many different combos can a person expect to see during the course of a season?

Last year i don't think we used the same exact combo. There was maybe one time we redid the same combo
But last year was really the only time they mixed it up quite often for the season. I do expect to see more under Coach Campbell.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Uhh there's plenty of numbers he can use on defense. The number you use on defense and offense don't have to be the same.

When a player enters the game after changing his jersey number, he must report to the referee, who then informs the opposing head coach and announces the change. A player who enters the game after changing his number and does not report commits a foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.
PENALTY —Live-ball foul. 15 yards from the previous spot. Flagrant offenders shall be disqualified.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I believe the white stripe is just to distinguish Defense and Offense.. but what do you think of adding the white stripe? This right here remind me a bit of Bama.. I know the reds are different shades.

DGwBi4hU0AA7jD4.jpg