New Lighting in Hilton

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
Yesterday was the unofficial beginning of the season at Hilton. I was really pumped to step foot in the building to see all the changes. I was at Hilton Madness and saw the lighting was dim until it was lit up for the scrimmage. During the Exhibition game, I was waiting for the lighting to come on, but nope, never came on. I'm usually all for changes to Hilton, but this change was not for the better. I think it really took away from the environment. I hope this was just an exhibition thing and not a permanent thing, but who knows. Anyone else think this as well or is it just me?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I thought it was a lot harder to see from my seats. Not a huge fan and personally I don't care what it looks like on TV, I attend the games.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
I thought it looked better on tv than in the past. Thought the new lighting made the court colors pop a little more

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
First, Hilton needed new lighting and people rejoiced when we heard we were getting it. Then we get the lights and people want the old lights again. Jeez some of you will never be happy.
giphy.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
First, Hilton needed new lighting and people rejoiced when we heard we were getting it. Then we get the lights and people want the old lights again. Jeez some of you will never be happy.
giphy.gif

You've been here for over a year. Why does this surprise you. We have a thread wondering why we built the SEZ for gods sake!

• Agree
Reactions: mctallerton

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
They went from Halide or other lamp to LED correct? LED lighting can be a little more harsh but I think the bottom photo looks pretty sweet. I think Baylor should take not so no one sees all of their empty seats.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
Just my two cents, but I think dimming the lights leads to a less involved crowd. I have no scientific backing. Hilton is a special place and I don't want to see it turn into "just another venue". I heard a lot of comments from people not liking it. Some of you sound more than okay with it, so I could be wrong. I'm hardly whining, just posting my opinion. I will deal with it either way.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Just my two cents, but I think dimming the lights leads to a less involved crowd. I have no scientific backing. Hilton is a special place and I don't want to see it turn into "just another venue". I heard a lot of comments from people not liking it. Some of you sound more than okay with it, so I could be wrong. I'm hardly whining, just posting my opinion. I will deal with it either way.
I was thinking about this too. Like you I have no evidence if it's turn but if you sit in the dark you may feel less likely to act up because no one can see you that well. If you are in a lit up place you may feel out of place if you don't get up and cheer.

In the end, we are Iowa State fans. It would be stupid not to get up and cheer because the team feeds off our energy. If sitting in the dark makes you not want to cheer, don't buy tickets and let someone else who is going to cheer their butt off get them.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Pics above look better. On TV, it looked like the parquet was almost pitch black other than the first couple of rows. Once we get 14,000 in there, it won't matter.