New DLine commit tonight

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
A lot of highlights it is as if he was unblocked. I can't really decide if he just flat out beats his opponent off the line and avoids getting blocked, or is he playing against kids that simply missed their asssigned duty? But I tend to think it is the former. On so many plays it seems the ball has barely been hiked and he is already throwing the quarterback to the ground. And he is 280 going into his senior year! Looks like he actually lined up on the end a lot last year. I don't understand why he is not rated higher or has more P5 offers, but whatever the reason, I'm just glad he wants to be a Cyclone. More great recruiting by Campbell & Co.

So i watched the highlights...it seems as though he is unblocked because he anticipates the snap count really well and hits the gap very quickly..Sure there are some blown assignments too.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So i watched the highlights...it seems as though he is unblocked because he anticipates the snap count really well and hits the gap very quickly..Sure there are some blown assignments too.
I agree, has a bit of a 'wiggle' like Tucker brought the last few years....

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I agree, has a bit of a 'wiggle' like Tucker brought the last few years....
Thats a great thing. Tucker had such a high motor when he wanted to.

Still cracks me up that they listed him at 6 foot though. I ran into him on campus awhile back, I'm about 6'2 and he was at LEAST 3-4 inches shorter than me. Couldn't believe how short he was.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

That's how it looked to me, too. Most of the opponents are just physically overmatched and there were probably a couple blown assignments mixed in there, but overall he's really quick off the ball for a guy his size. Good get by the staff. Now they just have to hold on until NSD.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Still cracks me up that they listed him at 6 foot though. I ran into him on campus awhile back, I'm about 6'2 and he was at LEAST 3-4 inches shorter than me. Couldn't believe how short he was.
Ya but were you wearing shoes? :cool:

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
It is strange that he does not have more offers. His rating is pretty decent too. I wonder if our offer will land him more even though he is committed now. We just offered a week ago right?

Also I don't know how to link it but his high school coach posted 4-5 videos of him at a ND camp and he is running by guys there too.
We'd love to see those ND camp videos if you can find them or point us in the right direction.

4 cyclones

Jul 25, 2016

My first thought after watching tape was height and measurables.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
His work with his hands is amazing. Footwork takes advantage of what he started at the top. Looks really good.

• Agree
Reactions: wgleason

Help Support Us

Become a patron