New DLine commit tonight

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
A lot of highlights it is as if he was unblocked. I can't really decide if he just flat out beats his opponent off the line and avoids getting blocked, or is he playing against kids that simply missed their asssigned duty? But I tend to think it is the former. On so many plays it seems the ball has barely been hiked and he is already throwing the quarterback to the ground. And he is 280 going into his senior year! Looks like he actually lined up on the end a lot last year. I don't understand why he is not rated higher or has more P5 offers, but whatever the reason, I'm just glad he wants to be a Cyclone. More great recruiting by Campbell & Co.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
A lot of highlights it is as if he was unblocked. I can't really decide if he just flat out beats his opponent off the line and avoids getting blocked, or is he playing against kids that simply missed their asssigned duty? But I tend to think it is the former. On so many plays it seems the ball has barely been hiked and he is already throwing the quarterback to the ground. And he is 280 going into his senior year! Looks like he actually lined up on the end a lot last year. I don't understand why he is not rated higher or has more P5 offers, but whatever the reason, I'm just glad he wants to be a Cyclone. More great recruiting by Campbell & Co.
It is strange that he does not have more offers. His rating is pretty decent too. I wonder if our offer will land him more even though he is committed now. We just offered a week ago right?

Also I don't know how to link it but his high school coach posted 4-5 videos of him at a ND camp and he is running by guys there too.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
LOL.

With 350 offers out to '18 recruits, why would any team give a flying fuk who Iowa State offers?
Teams are often scared to be the first power 5 to offer. There were multiple guys this year where the exact thing happened including 2 guys that decommited. These guys will often take the first power 5 offer that will accept them as a safety until they get the other offers they really want.

And enough with the they offered so many people routine. It is such a pathetic argument. We are one of the bottom 10 power 5 teams. We get told no far more than other teams, so of course we have offered more. Iowa is not the norm. They know They have no shot at a lot of guys so they don't offer. So congrats on your coaches accepting defeat before trying. I couldn't be happier with how our staff recruits.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That kid is a manimal. He has room to grow too at 280. Shows technique with rips, swim moves, and bull rushes. Has great athletic ability for his weight and can run. Good with his hands, and finishes the play. I want more kids like him.

Reactions: CyFy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This kid has great frame..He really impressed staff at camp i guess..Very quick off ball. Kid looks like hes ready now body wise nearly.. I know fans, including myself, are tired of hearing about next season but next year moving forward this staff has laid a foundation for this program in the trenches. the OL and DL we are going to have a legit 2 deep on both sides of the ball like we've not had....well..ever really.

Future is bright.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

At that level, when a kid is over-matched, they have to do something, and that something is often guessing where the guy will be since they lack the quickness or ability to react to him. Guessing wrong will lead to those types of plays.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I like that the coaches had him in camp. Tape is good, but it has to help seeing what a kid can do live right in front of you.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I have heard his camp tour this summer is what has gotten him noticed.

He goes to a private school as well. No idea if that has had any influence on his recruitment or not. Either way, the staff saw him in person and offered. Between that and the NDSU offer, I feel pretty confident in his abilities.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Here's an article from a little over a month ago (free). He sounds like the prototypical "we want to see senior highlights before we offer" kid. He even expresses some frustration in the article. I believe that should only solidify his commitment to ISU seeing as they believed enough in him to offer after camp.

https://edgytim.rivals.com/news/dt-lee-checks-in

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Here's an article from a little over a month ago (free). He sounds like the prototypical "we want to see senior highlights before we offer" kid. He even expresses some frustration in the article. I believe that should only solidify his commitment to ISU seeing as they believed enough in him to offer after camp.

Is the link invisible? ;)

Yeah, I get the feeling we'll have to fight to keep this guy.