Nebraska Fail

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Nebraska fans that I know would rather make less money, don’t care about basketball because they can follow Creighton, because they’d rather play OU, KState, and Colorado every year.
It’s why they desperately have tried to get OU on the football non con and finally succeeded.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Well that's good for you but they obviously didn't see it that way.

Whrn they were leaving, Nebby thought they could get the money and stability, but also dominate an easier conference. They didn't get that, not even close. They now have boring schedules and a losing football team. There is no reason to think they aren't experiencing some buyers remorse.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Yes Tom Osborne was sooo darned Money Hungry ...He and Nebbie just had to join the Big Ten. Nebbie has more money now than ever, but they gave up a football empire to get the money......If you ask Nebbie fans if they would rather play in the big 12, they wont answer, and if you ask Steve Sipple Lincoln Journal Star or Tom Shatel Omaha World Herald if joining the big 10 was a mistake, you get the same answer...Nothing, Zip, Nada.

Empires always Crumbles from Within, and Nebraska Football is proving it ever season....
So far, they would have made more in the Big12 and would have kept their 3rd tier rights. Nebraska is a school that could have made money off of that with all those brainwashed fans.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nebby continues to bring a Big 12 style team (all offense, no defense) to the BIG...no a good combo right now. Teams with a power offense eat this team up.

The Big Ten has maybe three teams that resemble power offenses that I can think of.

Teams with any offense will eat up Nebraska.

Teams with any offense will do fine vs. any Big Ten defense, while we're at it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Nebby continues to bring a Big 12 style team (all offense, no defense) to the BIG...no a good combo right now. Teams with a power offense eat this team up.
They lost to Troy. It’s not a conference compatibility issue, it’s a coaching issue. Turns out Frost can’t turn corn-**** into gold, and that doesn’t change regardless of which conference they’re in.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Whrn they were leaving, Nebby thought they could get the money and stability, but also dominate an easier conference. They didn't get that, not even close. They now have boring schedules and a losing football team. There is no reason to think they aren't experiencing some buyers remorse.

Maybe so...but they're at a point where the only real way they're happy is with winning and that wouldn't be happening no matter the conference.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I don't like boring...and I dislike inauthentic.....I really HATE boring AND inauthentic things and people. Another problem I have with Nebraska and their marketing handlers is their trophy games....the contrived effort to gin up some faux historic rivalry. The Heroes game trophy and the Freedom trophy....barf. How ridiculous can you be.....they had the victory bell with Missouri...I do not know the history of it, but I assume it came about with some story that didn't involve focus groups and marketing majors concerned about demographics....it was probably real and organic like our telephone trophy was.
Freedom Trophy?!?! really? freedom from what? Freedom from having to stand for the national anthem for the dissenting dikheads in our population?
Heroes trophy? from day one that reeked like some HyVee CyHawk Pagan worship wannabe. What are they going to do next, put heroes on their state quarter because they like heroes more than the rest of the United States does? Sheesh, I want to see the fee the Omaha advertising/marketing firm that fleeced them got for that flaming turd.
I think we all take joy in knowing that Nebraska just wishes they had the Big 8 back and the days of semi-pro football when the rest of the schools (excepting OU) were...well, actually schools. I will bump this thread until they win a game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I don't like boring...and I dislike inauthentic.....I really HATE boring AND inauthentic things and people. Another problem I have with Nebraska and their marketing handlers is their trophy games....the contrived effort to gin up some faux historic rivalry. The Heroes game trophy and the Freedom trophy....barf. How ridiculous can you be.....they had the victory bell with Missouri...I do not know the history of it, but I assume it came about with some story that didn't involve focus groups and marketing majors concerned about demographics....it was probably real and organic like our telephone trophy was.
Freedom Trophy?!?! really? freedom from what? Freedom from having to stand for the national anthem for the dissenting dikheads in our population?
Heroes trophy? from day one that reeked like some HyVee CyHawk Pagan worship wannabe. What are they going to do next, put heroes on their state quarter because they like heroes more than the rest of the United States does? Sheesh, I want to see the fee the Omaha advertising/marketing firm that fleeced them got for that flaming turd.
I think we all take joy in knowing that Nebraska just wishes they had the Big 8 back and the days of semi-pro football when the rest of the schools (excepting OU) were...well, actually schools. I will bump this thread until they win a game.

The school distanced itself from the only organic trophy they came up with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota–Nebraska_football_rivalry#$5_Bits_of_Broken_Chair_Trophy