Nebraska Fail

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Oh. My. God.

Wow, good stuff. Loved the readers reaction gif in the Twitter replies. Not something I'd guess the World-Herald dude was looking for, mockery. :)

dfV.gif

• Funny
Reactions: TyCloneHoops

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Hopefully he's getting beaten up on the recruiting trail for this crap. I hope they never win. The more they lose, the more dramatic the finger pointing gets.
I have a feeling the drama is just getting started. I’ve always noticed a lot more red N’s around Chicago the week before their game at Northwestern. I don’t think I’ve seen one all week this year.

Reactions: heitclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I see in the paper today that Frost and Company are now blaming Oregon State since kids have quit this fall and transferred there. Meddling! RB who just quit is getting release but excluding OSU. :rolleyes:

Edit: See @exCyDing bet me to!
Frost hasn’t yet decided what narrative to spin. If he continues to lose, it’s tampering. If they improve, he cut the program of troublesome fat.

Just how much of Frost’s payday does he owe to George O’Leary and Chip Kelley?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The really dumb thing about Frost''s comments is that Bell was one of his recruits, not the previous staffs. Maybe he didn't know that.
I wonder if Tommy ever contacted Frost while Frost was still enrolled at Stanford? What a hypocrite.

Bell should should send NU a FU reminder next week:

Changes to the transfer system that go into effect on Monday will invalidate instructions like those issued last week by Nebraska. The new rule, a step aimed to bring reform to transfer process, allows a student-athlete to notify his or her school of a desired transfer.

The school then is allowed two days to place the student-athlete into a database of transfers. Restrictions on permission-to-contact for transferring players will no longer exist.

In the case of Bell, he could again notify Nebraska of his intention to transfer next week and would not be subject to any restrictions.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Oh. My. God.

So if the NU QB can be compared to Mahomes while still not win a game, do we compare Purdy to Joe Montana or Tom Brady since he actually won?
Answer: Both of these are ludicrous and Shatel is a moron.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
So if the NU QB can be compared to Mahomes while still not win a game, do we compare Purdy to Joe Montana or Tom Brady since he actually won?
Randy Pete's Nebby alter-ego? 2 paychecks are better than one.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
NU played Pedo U in the first game after the Jerry Sandusky story broke. After that game Shatel wrote an article about how proud he was that the Huskers could put all the adversity of the Jerry Sandusky scandal behind them and play the game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
NU played Pedo U in the first game after the Jerry Sandusky story broke. After that game Shatel wrote an article about how proud he was that the Huskers could put all the adversity of the Jerry Sandusky scandal behind them and play the game.

Proud of his team for beating a team that got bushwhacked by that scandal a week before they played and lost their coach in the process. What a guy.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Proud of his team for beating a team that got bushwhacked by that scandal a week before they played and lost their coach in the process. What a guy.
What got me about the whole thing was he made it sound like the Huskers were so deeply affected by the whole sordid thing when Jerry wasn't raping any little boys in the Husker locker room.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have a feeling the drama is just getting started. I’ve always noticed a lot more red N’s around Chicago the week before their game at Northwestern. I don’t think I’ve seen one all week this year.

Their "sellout streak" is about to get even more fake, need some photo evidence in the cold weather games this year and next.

Reactions: dirtyninety

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Joey Galloway was just on PTI and they were discussing who comes out of the abyss first , Chip Kelly or Frost and he said Kelly.

The reason?

He said Frost didn’t consider the hole he is in considering recruiting.

Said when he talks to kids and they ask who they will be playing against, the answer is nobody.

Too good.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Joey Galloway was on PTI today and he finally said something I agree with. They were talking about Frosty's woes and how hard it will be to recruit to Nebby being in the Big10. Galloway said college ball is all about rivalry games and at Nebraska what do you tell recruits? -- "Who do they play?--NOBODY."

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Answered your own question.

And sustainability. Realignment isn't much of a conversation amongst B1G fans.

Nebraska (along with Missouri and A$M) was one of the primary reasons why the Big 12 was unstable. If Nebraska wasn't whoring itself out to the Big 10 realignment would have never been an issue with this conference.

Not to mention the geniuses at kNU said that equal revenue sharing was one of the primary reasons they joined the Big 10. Guess what? Nebraska was one of the primary reasons why the Big 12 didn't have equal revenue sharing for so long. By the old Big 12 bylaws it took a super majority vote (9 in the old Big 12) to change certain policies, revenue sharing being one of them. Only 8 schools would ever vote for it. The 4 that never would were the 4 making the most money from the old revenue sharing system: Texas, A$M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.

Nebraska is one of the biggest hypocrites in this whole conference realignment and I'm glad they're sitting at 0-5 and looking to go quite possibly worse than that.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Nebraska (along with Missouri and A$M) was one of the primary reasons why the Big 12 was unstable. If Nebraska wasn't whoring itself out to the Big 10 realignment would have never been an issue with this conference.

Not to mention the geniuses at kNU said that equal revenue sharing was one of the primary reasons they joined the Big 10. Guess what? Nebraska was one of the primary reasons why the Big 12 didn't have equal revenue sharing for so long. By the old Big 12 bylaws it took a super majority vote (9 in the old Big 12) to change certain policies, revenue sharing being one of them. Only 8 schools would ever vote for it. The 4 that never would were the 4 making the most money from the old revenue sharing system: Texas, A$M, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.

Nebraska is one of the biggest hypocrites in this whole conference realignment and I'm glad they're sitting at 0-5 and looking to go quite possibly worse than that.
I agree with all of that, and I have enjoyed my Nebby Fail Fun. But if I HAVE to choose, I'm hoping they can find a way to start spanking EIU. On a regular basis.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I agree with all of that, and I have enjoyed my Nebby Fail Fun. But if I HAVE to choose, I'm hoping they can find a way to start spanking EIU. On a regular basis.

That's been the only catch with me. Not upset to see Nebraska struggling so much, but I'd also prefer that Iowa didn't have an easy path to the Big 10 championship most years.

• Agree
Reactions: CNECloneFan

Help Support Us

Become a patron