Nate Glantz commits

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

93CloneMoves

Sep 9, 2021
Grimes, IA
Good insight always tough to judge jucos. Follow up I get scholarships get filled but do you really think with his film and juco accomplishments he couldn’t find a fcs or even low d1 offer or was it more of hey chance to attend Iowa State will take it maybe compete and at least have that degree? I’m always amazed when accomplished qbs stack up at 1 school even though it’s so rare now. I would personallly rather go play D3 to just play if still have that desire.
I would’ve definitely thought he could’ve found other offers, likely FCS. The Abilene Christian offer was after the NJCAA Championship. He might’ve considered it as well, but his RG from the prior year (Bronson Warner) was there this past season and transferred out…I’m sure they discussed

When he got the PWO from Nebraska after ours, I would’ve guessed he’d stay home. He lived on campus at IW, ten minutes from home, so maybe he wanted to get a bit further away to a P5 and try to compete. Having another Reiver QB on staff here likely makes him comfortable that he’ll get a chance to grow and be evaluated fairly.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
I had heard rumblings that Cook may have overtaken him slightly by year end. When you don’t see them live, you never know and rumors are just rumors anyhow.

Cook was #3 coming out of fall camp last year

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
why add him and not Cubba or Martinez?

It's kind of amazing we need to explain this, but this kid is a PWO that will likely start 3rd of 4th on the depth chart. This move was just to add depth at that QB position. Purdy and Martinez are not transferring somewhere that they simply add depth. They want to start.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's kind of amazing we need to explain this, but this kid is a PWO that will likely start 3rd of 4th on the depth chart. This move was just to add depth at that QB position. Purdy and Martinez are not transferring somewhere that they simply add depth. They want to start.
Iowa State needs holders for the FG/PAT unit too.