Nate Glantz commits

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Freshman from Iowa city. Not sure if they're trolling or not about him being good.
It’s Marv Cook’s son. Marv was a toe TE back in the Fry heyday…went on to coach his kids in Ia City and won 6 or 7 state titles. Kid is a winner.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It’s Marv Cook’s son. Marv was a toe TE back in the Fry heyday…went on to coach his kids in Ia City and won 6 or 7 state titles. Kid is a winner.
Dad laid out a goalpost at Michigan St.

Kid is tall, 6'5, athletic, strong arm, looked accurate in the dome. Had FCS offers.

Reactions: MisterO

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Do people here really not know who Marv Cook is?

When I was in college we played softball against Marv's team at a tournament in North Liberty...think he was coaching around there or something. He pretty much hit a bomb every time up. The field was a mini-Fenway with a green monster in left field and he was just launching them over that thing.

I know, I know, cool story, bro.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Dekkers, Bouman, and Cook are all lefties…it would be trippy to have a QB room full of mini Mark Brunell’s

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
He had offers from San Jose St, UNI, Abilene Christian maybe a few other FCS. He was going to commit on 12/8 then decided to wait until after the JUCO National Championship on 12/17. He went out and flopped. He had a fumble on a scramble while they were down 10, then a pick on the next drive. They got blown out. They were never really in it and he got exposed. His reads aren’t good, he’s athletic and was able to rely on that against teams like Ellsworth. None of the offers were commitable after he put the decision off. He got PWO offers from us and Nebraska last week. Coach Jordon, QB coach, is from IWCC, so there’s a connect with Coach Stro.

Hes just depth at the spot but don’t see him competing seriously for the job.
Good insight always tough to judge jucos. Follow up I get scholarships get filled but do you really think with his film and juco accomplishments he couldn’t find a fcs or even low d1 offer or was it more of hey chance to attend Iowa State will take it maybe compete and at least have that degree? I’m always amazed when accomplished qbs stack up at 1 school even though it’s so rare now. I would personallly rather go play D3 to just play if still have that desire.

Help Support Us

Become a patron