Montgomery to Rams?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah, count me in the camp that hopes this trade doesn't happen and David can keep trying to show out as much as he can in Chicago until he hits the open market this offseason. The Rams blew their load last year, there isn't much left from that team that isn't washed up or injured.
Yeah, losing Whitworth, Von Miller, OBJ, Michel, and not having Van Jefferson this year has really hurt their overall talent level.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And let's not pretend that the bears have 1/10th of the offensive talent the Rams have. Part of it is they had an old roster last year anyways, and part of it is a super bowl hangover, but the potential at LA is worlds different than Chicago.

You can’t get Bears fan opinions on Bears offense. They are too close to it to realize how bad the offense has been for nearly 4 decades. When I lived there from ‘02-‘15 I grew to really detest Bears fans. They truly always think they have the talent to be good on offense when they are nowhere near having it, and even if they have the best defense in NFL they’ll blame the defense for losses.

Forte succeeded in spite of that offense, not because they were doing great things. It was elite special teams, elite D and Forte…along with the worst offensive talent and coaching in the NFL.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Trade deadline is 4:00 p.m. Buffalo also looking at him. Bears are dumping good talent and accumulating high draft picks.
They're so bereft of talent and they will need to give Fields a contract even if he isn't proven yet so I think this is the right move. They weren't keeping a lot of these guys long term anyway so you just as well go get a bunch of guys on rookie deals and try and build that way. DM is a good NFL running back but he's not the secret to their success. Essentially right now, the NFL is divided into two groups: teams acquiring all the really good players hoping to do what the Rams did, and teams trying to dump their stars to acquire picks to build a team to get in the position to go grab those few stars to do what the Rams did.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
I wouldn't mind seeing David on another team, but I think he's more important to the Bears than fans realize.

Reactions: NATEizKING

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
And let's not pretend that the bears have 1/10th of the offensive talent the Rams have. Part of it is they had an old roster last year anyways, and part of it is a super bowl hangover, but the potential at LA is worlds different than Chicago.
Who do the Rams have besides Kupp? Bears have much better running backs. Have you watched the Rams this year? Stafford is really bad. I think he lead the NFL in interceptions last year and he's really gone downhill. Allen Robinson is Julio Jones level washed up.

It's not as big of a difference than you think. I hate to bring facts into the equation but the Bears are putting up more points than the Rams.

• Dumb
Reactions: Bigman38

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Plus it's SUPER cheap in Chicago. Illinois is known for low low taxes.....

Moving from Chicago to LA myself…the property tax rates are lower and I save about $1000 a year on various nonsense connected to owning/parking a vehicle. They really do nickel and dime you to death in Chicago. Property values increases over the recent years is a slam dunk for socal too. Not bagging on Chicago because I loved lots about it, It just really isn’t the dream location for some financial reasons.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Who do the Rams have besides Kupp? Bears have much better running backs. Have you watched the Rams this year? Stafford is really bad. I think he lead the NFL in interceptions last year and he's really gone downhill. Allen Robinson is Julio Jones level washed up.

It's not as big of a difference than you think. I hate to bring facts into the equation but the Bears are putting up more points than the Rams.

This is the worst take of the thread, good luck on baiting someone with it.

• Dumb
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
@Bigman38, keep dumbing me but facts are facts. Actually, looming deeper Stafford has more Int's than Tds this year and their backs average 3.4 ypc. Their offense sucks badly, I dont know why you are disagreeing with me. This isn't 2021 where GB, Tampa, and LA are high powered offenses. All three of those teams are struggling big time on offense.

• Dumb

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is the worst take of the thread, good luck on baiting someone with it.
What am I wrong about? Rams are disaster. Regardless, how are they so much better than Chicago when the Bears average 19ppg and Rams average 16? You don't believe in facts?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The Bears should move him if they can get a draft pick or 2 out of it as he is a free agent at end of season and I doubt they are going to resign him with Herbert in the wings to take over at RB.

Its crazy how the NFL trade deadline hardly ever generated much buzz but the past year or 2 we are seeing a lot more bigger names traded at the deadline than in years past. Felt like it used to be just some minor depth deals or salary dumps in the past mostly but this year we've seen players that are some of the best at their position traded that will have big impacts on playoff races.

• Agree

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
@BigMan, you claimed the Bears had 1/10th of the offensive talent as the Bears. That was what you wrote. I gave you many reasons why your take was stupid. Talk about baiting people with stupid takes.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The Bears should move him if they can get a draft pick or 2 out of it as he is a free agent at end of season and I doubt they are going to resign him with Herbert in the wings to take over at RB.

Its crazy how the NFL trade deadline hardly ever generated much buzz but the past year or 2 we are seeing a lot more bigger names traded at the deadline than in years past. Felt like it used to be just some minor depth deals or salary dumps in the past mostly but this year we've seen players that are some of the best at their position traded that will have big impacts on playoff races.

It's usually a bunch of maybes and then there's one trade that matters. This year you've had McCaffery, Hockensen, Smith, and I'm probably missing one more. There's still rumors of quite few more, kind of has a baseball trade deadline feel to it this year. Love it.

Reactions: CYdTracked

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Moving from Chicago to LA myself…the property tax rates are lower and I save about $1000 a year on various nonsense connected to owning/parking a vehicle. They really do nickel and dime you to death in Chicago. Property values increases over the recent years is a slam dunk for socal too. Not bagging on Chicago because I loved lots about it, It just really isn’t the dream location for some financial reasons.
Chicago sux...always has.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So, our guy is a UFA next years. Would a move help or hinder him? He's been making roughly $1M/year. Not great by NFL standards and closer to the minimum for a four year guy.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
@Bigman38
Bears have over 1300 rushing yards, Rams have around 350, Fields has 7 passing Tds, Stafford also has 7 . Definitely soubds like 10% of what the Rams offense is doing. Do I need to go on? Your take was terrible and not backed up by facts, just admit it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So, our guy is a UFA next years. Would a move help or hinder him? He's been making roughly $1M/year. Not great by NFL standards and closer to the minimum for a four year guy.
I think he's locked in as a solid backup next year regardless of the next 8 weeks.