Missed goaltending call

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There was an identical missed obvious goaltending call today in the KSU-TTU game. Just saying. ball hit the board and came off and then was sweeped away. no call. I guess it isnt just us.

And it's still really ****** that refs can't call something so easy.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
There was an identical missed obvious goaltending call today in the KSU-TTU game. Just saying. ball hit the board and came off and then was sweeped away. no call. I guess it isnt just us.

If it actually was the same officiating crew as someone mentioned above, those guys apparently need to be refreshed on the goal tending rules. Those are easy calls to make.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
From the review section of the rule book as it concerns review of goaltending and basket interference.

11-2-1 - Officials may use such available equipment only in the following
situations: ....

.... e. Violations: ---- 3. In the last two minutes of the second period or the last two minutes
of any overtime period, and only when a call/decision has been made,
to determine if basket interference or goaltending has occurred.....

So what needs to happen is to find a way so that this kind of play can be reviewed when the call isn't made as was the case here. When you work through scenarios it's very problematic but it could be done.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Some KU fan has been arguing with me for days that wasn't a goal tend. Dumbass gets cocky and sends me a copy of the rules. Had to let him know he was looking at International basketball rules.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Sounds typical for the IQ of that fanabse.
Thinks that moving screen called against Mccormack was a charge too. That was bang bang but he was still moving. What I want to know is why was Mccormack setting a screen that far from the bucket? That was a cheap ass move and could have hurt Gabe blindsiding him like that. Didn't Kolar say he'd suit up? Bring him onboard and have him lay it to Mccormack when they come to Ames.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
If it actually was the same officiating crew as someone mentioned above, those guys apparently need to be refreshed on the goal tending rules. Those are easy calls to make.
Or if you want to build on the conspiracy theory. After gifting KU with our game making all those bad calls, they have to do some more ****** reffing, or their obvious actions favoring KU look TOO obvious.

And there were three shooters on the grassy knoll. Not to mention a second spitter.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Or if you want to build on the conspiracy theory. After gifting KU with our game making all those bad calls, they have to do some more ****** reffing, or their obvious actions favoring KU look TOO obvious.

And there were three shooters on the grassy knoll. Not to mention a second spitter.
Conspiracy theory? How about Allen getting dinged for 2 fouls in the first 16 seconds? Texas gets hosed because we got hosed by KU. Hey wait, when does KU get hosed?

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
Some KU fan has been arguing with me for days that wasn't a goal tend. Dumbass gets cocky and sends me a copy of the rules. Had to let him know he was looking at International basketball rules.

Some fans want to remain blissfully ignorant of the rules until their team is the loser in a situation. But if he's capable of reading (which we're not sure of) this might help him. Of course reading comprehension is also a factor with KU grads.

Art. 3. Goaltending.
a. Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a
field-goal try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exception: Rule
10-4.1.h)
1. The ball is on its downward flight; and
2. The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in
flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder.
b. It is goaltending to touch the ball outside the cylinder during a free throw,
regardless of whether the free throw is on its upward or downward flight.
c. When the ball contacts the backboard and any part of the ball is above
the rim during a field goal attempt, it is considered to be on its downward
flight. In such a case, it is goaltending when the ball is touched by a player
as long as it has a possibility of entering the basket.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The goaltending is inexcusable because that call is so almost never missed when it’s that blatantly obvious. How does that even happen that not a single one of those dumbass refs blew a whistle?
The female ref has been in Hilton multiple time this season and it's pretty obvious she shallows her whistle most of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The female ref has been in Hilton multiple time this season and it's pretty obvious she shallows her whistle most of the game.
Is she just scared to blow the whistle or is she completely unqualified? Maybe she should get demoted to high school or d3.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron