Mid-American Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Here's Iowa State's press release on the new naming rights to the field at Jack Trice Stadium.

Iowa State announces partnership with MidAmerican Energy to support new Student Performance Center

The field at Jack Trice Stadium will be named MidAmerican Energy Field

AMES, Iowa – Iowa State University Athletics Department unveiled its plan today to name the field at Jack Trice Stadium, MidAmerican Energy Field, beginning this fall at its first home game vs. South Dakota State on Sept. 1.

The partnership between the ISU Athletics Department and MidAmerican Energy Company will include support of the new Student-Athlete Performance Center that was approved by the Board of Regents in April, 2018. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2019 on the new state-of-the-art center that will be located northwest of the Jack Trice Stadium.

“MidAmerican Energy’s commitment will directly benefit all Cyclones athletes who pass through the doors of the new Student-Athlete Sports Performance Center,” Iowa State Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said. “The state-of-the-art complex will further enhance Iowa State’s commitment to provide excellent facilities for all of its student-athletes, both academically and athletically.”

That pledge towards excellence is something MidAmerican Energy Company relishes as well.

“We are proud to support the culture of excellence that embodies Iowa State University and parallels that of MidAmerican Energy,” said Adam Wright, president and CEO of MidAmerican Energy. “Helping Iowa State enhance its student-athletes’ ability to perform at the highest level of competition through this new center and the university’s other world-class programs also helps in the development of our future workforce – and is something that is very important to us.”

The Student Performance Center will include construction of a new student-athlete academic and sports nutrition center, expansion of the Bergstrom Football Complex and redeveloping the north entrance and hillside seating at Jack Trice Stadium. The complex will be adjacent to the Bergstrom Football Complex. A grand plaza/stadium entrance will occupy the footprint currently occupied by the Olsen Building.

The stadium will continue to be named Jack Trice Stadium, named in honor of the first African-American student-athlete in Cyclone history. Trice passed away from injuries suffered in a 1923 game at Minnesota.

“Jack Trice is one of the most prominent football players in Iowa State history and we hold his memory in great regard,” Iowa State University President Dr. Wendy Wintersteen said. “Jack Trice Stadium is the only Division I FBS stadium in the nation named for an African-American and his legacy is foundational to our institution.”

On-field, scoreboard and stadium signage will soon reflect the new partnership between the University and MidAmerican Energy.

Reactions: cykee05 and CyTwins

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Spring 2019 construction begins so Fall 2020 is when they maybe hope for completion of it? Or is that too quick?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Spring 2019 construction begins so Fall 2020 is when they maybe hope for completion of it? Or is that too quick?
I believe they said that it could be up to a 2 year project, because they want to phase it in around the football seasons. But I don't think anything is set in stone as of this date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Makes me want to switch electrical companies. Opps, not an option. OK, Then I'll just switch natural gas providers.. Errr, can't do that either. Makes me wonder why the are spending $15MM on advertising.

Government mandate that they spend a certain amount on various outreach, etc I believe.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and cyfan21

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I believe they said that it could be up to a 2 year project, because they want to phase it in around the football seasons. But I don't think anything is set in stone as of this date.
Guessing they want at least the FB Facility additions to be done by the 2020 Football season but the other facility (academics, dining etc.) might take longer.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Guessing they want at least the FB Facility additions to be done by the 2020 Football season but the other facility (academics, dining etc.) might take longer.

Would guess the stuff that doesn’t require Olsen to come down goes up so they can move stuff there and not lose space temporarily.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
I love hearing MidAmerican commercials and promotional stuff like this that I'm paying for (along with all of their other customers), when I don't have a choice of a different provider.

I don't particularly mind that I don't have a choice of a different provider because that presents a lot of logistical utility challenges, but the rest doesn't make sense to me.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored