Metcalf Possibly Leaving?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Ask any hawk fan, DD is a dream hire.

It's just nice having trust in the guys who are leading the program and are the best in the business. Plus DD is one of my favorites from recent years, tough as hell, hard worker, pure guts. Love having him back in IC mentoring our guys.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
The bashing of the HWC is cringe worthy. HWC has more money in their sofa cushions than CRTC has in the bank. CRTC has 4 apartments, with three wrestlers two of which kinda/ sorta compete in some senior events.

what happens when Carr and Gomez realize they don’t have any training partners at CRTC and leave town? Or tOSU or PSU or ASU offers money we can’t match?

KD has a plan but the whole Programa needs jolt. Including the CRTC.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
It's almost like HWC has been around ~45 years longer than CRTC.
No ****. So why would anyone from ISU lob bombs at what Iowa has achieved in wrestling; collegiate or club? Because we are so strong? Some are making light about how much money they have. We have done nothing to date. Nada. Zip.

I’ll ask again- do high level FS kids stay in Ames with no partners to roll with? Do they stay for what could be considerably less money? I’ve been to the fundraisers. I’ve donated. Despite that I’m not sure what the vision is. It seems we are working from a rough draft vs a master plan.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
You do realize the plan for the CRTC is to be all ISU guys too right?
I don't think this is an accurate portrayal, is it? I mean we've made several attempts to pull in guys outside the program. I think it's more accurate to say they want to create an environment where the CRTC is an option for ISU guys to continue training after they graduate. I don't think it's correct to say the CRTC is NOT an option for non-ISU guys unless I missed something.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think this is an accurate portrayal, is it? I mean we've made several attempts to pull in guys outside the program. I think it's more accurate to say they want to create an environment where the CRTC is an option for ISU guys to continue training after they graduate. I don't think it's correct to say the CRTC is NOT an option for non-ISU guys unless I missed something.

"Just to be very clear, it is our goal moving forward to fill the C-RTC pool of post-graduate athletes with former ISU wrestlers. Coach Palmer currently is the exception, however the fact that he was such a tough light-weight AND we were looking for a volunteer coach made Joey a great choice for us. He really is our kind of guy in the practice room and brings a toughness that will pay big dividends moving forward."

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/challenge-made-500-cyclone-rtc-donors.253630/#post-6945278

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I agree that we want it to be for Cyclone graduates. We just don’t have many available now. But we hope to build a program that will keep Gomez, Carr & any others around if they want to continue training

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
"Just to be very clear, it is our goal moving forward to fill the C-RTC pool of post-graduate athletes with former ISU wrestlers. Coach Palmer currently is the exception, however the fact that he was such a tough light-weight AND we were looking for a volunteer coach made Joey a great choice for us. He really is our kind of guy in the practice room and brings a toughness that will pay big dividends moving forward."

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/challenge-made-500-cyclone-rtc-donors.253630/#post-6945278
Call me crazy but if they made an exception for Joey Palmer, they might be willing to do it for somebody else.

Reactions: Sturge34

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

Thanks for that. I missed that and stand corrected. I personally think this is a massive mistake and we should be actively courting top talent to come to Ames.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
You when you said the CRTC will be all ISU guys. If they took Palmer, I'm sure they would take plenty other non ISU guys.
I said that is their plan. Because they have said it was there goal. Show me where I said it will exclusively be isu guys?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron