Merrill Holden completes Master's program

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Good for him getting his Master's degree. May not have panned out like he expected on the court, but he put his work in off the court.

https://cyclonesidebar.wordpress.co...es-masters-degree-three-others-also-graduate/

DcX0UAZV0AAcRt_.jpg:large

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Happy for all the guys. If Martin Rancik can do it after all these years, time to get Fizer working on it too.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Happy for all the guys. If Martin Rancik can do it after all these years, time to get Fizer working on it too.

Congrats to all Grads! Did I read this right, Rancik gets his degrees 17 yrs later ?@?

"....Along with these four student-athletes, former Cyclone Martin Rancik (1998-2001) also earned his degree from ISU in December...."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, thank you. Maybe I should have read the article!

You should. This quote from him is worth it, “Basketball really blessed me with an opportunity to get a master’s degree. It means more than I can even put into words.” Wish we would read more quotes like that. Young man gets it. Proud to add him as a graduate alumni of ISU. :)