Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I think the placebo folks from the vaccine studies should get overall dibs (if they so desire). They underwent the risk to get the testing accomplished.

@SpokaneCY , if your nipples weren't tender due to receiving the actual vaccine, then I think you should be first in line, Sir. I salute you.

Last edited:

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I think the placebo folks from the vaccine studies should get overall dibs (if they so desire). They underwent the risk to get the testing accomplished.

Agree. One of my friends is participating in the Pfizer study. She should find out soon if she got the placebo or the vaccine.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Which crimes? Not for me, but maybe something to pass along to some people I'd like to get to the front of the line.
The way the graphic is worded, a crime need not be heinous. A person just has to be in jail at the time. That could include Ed Podolak passing out on the Pentacrest lawn and committing Public Intoxication, for example, should he get the timing right.

STLISU

Aug 25, 2017
St. Louis (CWE)

@SpokaneCY , if your nipples weren't tender due to receiving the actual vaccine, then I think you should be first in line, Sir. I salute you.

A huge thank you to all the clinical trial volunteers who willingly took on some risk for the greater good.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Flu cases found so far this year are only 9% of the 5-year average (379 vs 4,105). And, the amount of testing more it has almost doubled, so it's not like they aren't testing.

Reactions: psychlone99

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Hey, guys - we're up to 55 pages. We've been trying to delete political stuff as we see it, but please knock off the political derails. We're getting terribly close to closing it.
Thank you for helping to keep the political stuff out of it. The few times I have seen posts with political mentions have been deleted quickly.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thank you for helping to keep the political stuff out of it. The few times I have seen posts with political mentions have been deleted quickly.

We're trying, anyway. Thank you - please don't hesitate to report things. We don't always see them - there's a great group working on these (special shoutouts to @bos and @keepngoal ), but we're not on 24/7.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Flu cases found so far this year are only 9% of the 5-year average (379 vs 4,105). And, the amount of testing more it has almost doubled, so it's not like they aren't testing.

I think there's been an uptick in availability of flu vaccines and maybe more people have taken it along with taking extra precautions.

kcbob79clone

@madguy30 is going to love this. T-Cells from the common cold, which is a coronavirus, means a quarter of us may already be immune to Covid-19 without ever being infected. @madguy30 was preaching this long ago and then study after study confirms the very early hypothesis.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
@madguy30 is going to love this. T-Cells from the common cold, which is a coronavirus, means a quarter of us may already be immune to Covid-19 without ever being infected. @madguy30 was preaching this long ago and then study after study confirms the very early hypothesis.

Those of us with snot-nosed virus factories (little kids) are good to go!!

GCRV.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Reactions: isutrevman

kcbob79clone

NHS in UK has plan for vaccinations beginning next month with those under 50 commencing in late January

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

My only thing on this is I tend to get colds every year and I contracted Covid, unless this form of immunity is still the type that protects against more severe cases. One thing I know is to my knowledge nobody else I worked with was infected when I would have been so perhaps that's also the same deal with infectiousness.

• Informative
Reactions: kcbob79clone

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Here is the actual (not yet peer reviewed) study...

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.11.02.20222778v1

Reactions: isutrevman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron