Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Guilt trip. Lol.
Yes, when you imply that I haven’t been affected or that I don’t care about people dying you are trying to guilt trip me. Is it reallly that difficult for you to understand this simple concept? Wait, don’t answer. LOL.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Considering some of the information that's still being thrown out there to compare it to flu deaths, it's not exactly shocking.
So please correlate your above statements directly to the article that you are seemingly refuting, come on show me why this article is incorrect as you infer.

• Dumb

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
What specifically is irrelevant about it?
What specifically has changed?

please tell me
You weren't here then with some other username? how many times do you think people are going to regurgitate the same things over and over for "you".

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
You weren't here then with some other username? how many times do you think people are going to regurgitate the same things over and over for "you".
No worries. I didn’t expect you to be able to answer my question anyway simply because you can’t. It’s certainly not by choice.

You are the one making the claim. Not me. Keep deflecting.

• Dumb

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yes, when you imply that I haven’t been affected or that I don’t care about people dying you are trying to guilt trip me. Is it reallly that difficult for you to understand this simple concept? Wait, don’t answer. LOL.
Lmao.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
No worries. I’m not at all surprised by your limited critical thought process and resulting nonsensical replies. Four letters seems to be a good stretch for you. ;)

Allow me:

THE VERDICT
AAP FactCheck found the statement that the fatality rate for COVID-19 is only marginally worse than the seasonal flu to be mostly false.

While a meta-analysis by Stanford University epidemiology professor John P.A Ioannidis did indeed find COVID-19 had an infection fatality ratio of about 0.27 per cent, the study has been criticised as flawed, and figures from the WHO and CDC suggest COVID-19 is significantly more deadly than seasonal flu.

The number of people in the US who have died from COVID-19 in the first nine months of the outbreak is already five times greater than the number of flu deaths in a typical year.

Three leading epidemiologists from New Zealand who have written extensively on influenza believed the fatality ratio for COVID-19 is significantly higher than seasonal flu based on a number of studies.

Mostly False – The claim is mostly false with one minor element of truth.

You can read the entire report, which is actually a great article, here: You probably won't even click this but I'm giving it to you.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Allow me:

THE VERDICT
AAP FactCheck found the statement that the fatality rate for COVID-19 is only marginally worse than the seasonal flu to be mostly false.

While a meta-analysis by Stanford University epidemiology professor John P.A Ioannidis did indeed find COVID-19 had an infection fatality ratio of about 0.27 per cent, the study has been criticised as flawed, and figures from the WHO and CDC suggest COVID-19 is significantly more deadly than seasonal flu.

The number of people in the US who have died from COVID-19 in the first nine months of the outbreak is already five times greater than the number of flu deaths in a typical year.

Three leading epidemiologists from New Zealand who have written extensively on influenza believed the fatality ratio for COVID-19 is significantly higher than seasonal flu based on a number of studies.

You can read the entire report, which is actually a great article, here: You probably won't even click this but I'm giving it to you.

The CDC admitted the 0.27% rate as well months ago. Meanwhile, since putting a mask on a sheep is somehow a political statement here is the latest under-powered CDC survey. Basically shows masks had no correlation.

mask_no effect.jpg

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Allow me:

THE VERDICT

Huh? Please show me where I ever compared covid with the flu.
Not to mention the source you referenced is beyond biased and certainly not objective nor peer reviewed. But by all means, show me where I ever once made any reference about the flu.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1 and alarson

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No worries. I’m not at all surprised by your limited critical thought process and resulting nonsensical replies. Four letters seems to be a good stretch for you. ;)
Be well friend. And stop feeling guilty dude!

Reactions: GoFast

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Covid has killed 1486 people in Iowa. Which makes it the 6th most prevalent cause of death in Iowa for a typical year, bearing in mind this is in a 7 month time frame (first death 3/24) if we extrapolate linearly we get 2547 deaths for a "year" which bumps it up to 3rd, below cancer. This is just real rough math for a march to march timeframe, and assumes no winter bump or change in what we are currently doing for the positive. Also considering our growth rate for population as a state is between .2/.3% I personally don't think something that is wiping out .08% of the states population (2547/3.144 million) is insignificant.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Covid has killed 1486 people in Iowa. Which makes it the 6th most prevalent cause of death in Iowa for a typical year, bearing in mind this is in a 7 month time frame (first death 3/24) if we extrapolate linearly we get 2547 deaths for a "year" which bumps it up to 3rd, below cancer. This is just real rough math for a march to march timeframe, and assumes no winter bump or change in what we are currently doing for the positive. Also considering our growth rate for population as a state is between .2/.3% I personally don't think something that is wiping out .08% of the states population (2547/3.144 million) is insignificant.
With over 90% of those deaths having one or more pre existing long term medical condition or being obese and still only 6th on the list making it overblown relative to the resulting actions and lock downs.

No one is stating it’s insignificant. Only that the reaction is overblown.
Especially when one considers all of the businesses and peoples finances being destroyed in the process. So destroying millions of people’s livelihoods in order to save the lives of hundreds, mostly of which, were already sick. Yeah, sound plan. LOL

Last edited:

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Huh? Please show me where I ever compared covid with the flu.
Not to mention the source you referenced is beyond biased and certainly not objective nor peer reviewed. But by all means, show me where I ever once made any reference about the flu.
You don’t know your sources which referenced the flu? Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron