Max Duggan cleared to play Saturday

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I admire your positivity and I hope you are right. By all objective measures, it's not a good class. But CMC has by all means earned the benefit of the doubt.
Actually, relying on recruiting rankings is distictly a subjective measure.

Let me give you an example that may help make sense. Hunter Dekkers was a recruiting nobody until the summer before his senior season.

Then he went to camps, and totally blew up. Impressed competing against the top HS QB’s in the country.

That’s what this staff does. They work hard to identify talent early. Then when those players hit the camps, their recruiting blows up.

Will McDonald is another example. No camps, got a Wiscy offer late, but that’s it. And yet he’s a freak athlete, probably the best athlete on the team.

If you’re worried about offers, there are several players in the class that fit that profile.

As far as watching video, there aren’t that many examples in this class where something like class size is relevant. For example, Ohio football is Ohio football.

Besides, what I really look for are things like frame, acceleration, fluidity, pursuit and determination. Does a defensive player have a nose for the ball?

This class has a lot of that.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Actually, relying on recruiting rankings is distictly a subjective measure.

Let me give you an example that may help make sense. Hunter Dekkers was a recruiting nobody until the summer before his senior season.

Then he went to camps, and totally blew up. Impressed competing against the top HS QB’s in the country.

That’s what this staff does. They work hard to identify talent early. Then when those players hit the camps, their recruiting blows up.

Will McDonald is another example. No camps, got a Wiscy offer late, but that’s it. And yet he’s a freak athlete, probably the best athlete on the team.

If you’re worried about offers, there are several players in the class that fit that profile.

As far as watching video, there aren’t that many examples in this class where something like class size is relevant. For example, Ohio football is Ohio football.

Besides, what I really look for are things like frame, acceleration, fluidity, pursuit and determination. Does a defensive player have a nose for the ball?

This class has a lot of that.

I'm asking this as an honest question-- as to the bolded, what do you base that one? Again, some Youtube clips?

I guess I stand by the concern that there is likely a reason we are one of few P5 schools to want a kid. Let's not act like we are the only people who are able to evaluate talent...

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron