Matt Perrault

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
WE as in ISU fans didn't bring this back up. Sports Talk Matt is a pretty obvious handle. Who brought it up again?

UMMMM WHAT?!?! People have been post threads about this all-day. I am not defending anyone here but this statement seems false.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
UMMMM WHAT?!?! People have been post threads about this all-day. I am not defending anyone here but this statement seems false.

Yeah, but this thread hadn't had a post in 6 hours before Matt decided to bump it. It takes two to tango, and he's obviously willing to continue the argument.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

Really go look back at the time of posts 20 and 21. Sports Talk posted #21. Who started this thread back up? No apology needed, just don't reference me as a liar. I don't lie I am anything but.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
How was I disrepectful? To Walters? I didn't say a word about him when I could have said he's a mouthpiece for Pollard....now that's disrespectful.

You really don't think your behavior on the air, even if your *opinion* is 100% possible, was inappropriate? You were disrespectful to your listeners, ISU Fans or not, and to anyone trying to get you information from sources. The lack of decorum on your part is the subject of this thread.

I just laughed at the hire cause I couldn't believe it. I still can't. It's nuts. Sometimes nuts works...most times - it doesn't. I agree with Keeler - Fred better be sure. MJ thought it was a good idea...it wasn't.

Coaching and playing are very different, as I'm sure he knows, but to learn on the job in the Big 12? Wow.

Wasn't Nurse suppose to be the brains? I just hope he gets an ex-head coach for his staff cause the current one doesn't have enough college experience.

You may be right, and Pollard might be throwing a Hail Mary. But that does not justify your conduct on public airways. You have a financial interest in this whole situation. If you wanted to truly look after your investment, your on-air behavior may need some tweaking.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
How was I disrepectful? To Walters? I didn't say a word about him when I could have said he's a mouthpiece for Pollard....now that's disrespectful.

Of course you didn't say a word about him... We wouldn't expect you to man up and say that when you had him on your airwaves. You are doing it now, hours later, buried in the pages of a message board. Slight difference between you typing it up later from under mommy's skirt and Walters coming right out and basically telling you what he thinks of you to your face.

MonsterBack

Sep 7, 2008
Parts Unknown
I haven't listened to our ****** local sports talk radio shows for years, and have been happier as a result. Small-time nobodies who think the measure of good radio is the number of calls generated.

But I listened to the recording of this exchange and came away with a newfound hatred for KXNO as a whole, and this perrault dbag in particular.
Walters showed incredible restraint and class, while perrault only proved why he needs a partner to carry a small-time radio show in a small market.

I hope perrault is unemployed soon, so he can devote all of his time to pimping that irrelevant school in Omaha.

He is a perfect example of a classless hack small-timer whose career has peaked on low budget radio.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
He's your voice - I get it. But it was an major league overreaction. I've said a lot worse. Fred is his friend ... he loves Iowa State ... I get it. It's ok. But coming after me doesn't make the hire any better.

What you don't seem to understand is that it isn't always what you say it's how you come across when you say. The constant giggle (not just on this issue - but many) when you are trying to make your point is irritating at best. To me you come across as a punk (see Jim Rome vs Jim "Chris" Everett).

You bag on Jamie for everything he does and then when his football coach performs above what is expected, you call him "lucky." That is what John was talking about - you have made it personal and not objective. John should not have apologized because he was right.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007

I just laughed at the hire cause I couldn't believe it. I still can't. It's nuts. Sometimes nuts works...most times - it doesn't. I agree with Keeler - Fred better be sure. MJ thought it was a good idea...it wasn't.

Coaching and playing are very different, as I'm sure he knows, but to learn on the job in the Big 12? Wow.

Wasn't Nurse suppose to be the brains? I just hope he gets an ex-head coach for his staff cause the current one doesn't have enough college experience.
Let me give you some sage advice . . you would do well not to reference Keeler for anything authoritative about ISU. Grow up and get rid of your smug arrogance . . you are bleeding audience right now.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I can't believe I'm saying this but ... Jon Miller is probably the best of the bunch of KXNO's regular hosts right now. He will once in awhile take diggs at ISU but at least he's out in the open that he's a hawkeye fan.

KXNO has really went to hell over the last few years. When Deace had his 3-7 show I listened to it all the time. Besides the 10 minutes that I catch in the morning I rarely listen.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Actually, YOU were out of line. Walters should have never apologized and if I were Chris, I would have popped you. There's the professional way to convey your opinion and there's the childish way of giggling and heckling. Hard to believe that Marty was more professional about the hire than someone else, but he did it. 1700 has a new listener at 4pm.

It says something when someone like John Walters is mad enough to blow up. That guy has to be one of the nicest guys in the state. You should be ashamed, Matt. If I were Chris, I would reserve my appearances for Miller and Deace, who can actually analyze and give their thoughts on a situation without turning into a Junior High boy.

This is what people need to do if they're really sick of Matt. Speak with your radio dial. Email 1460--not Matt, but his boss, the ad people, the purse strings. Let them know that you're now a 1700 4pm listener. Otherwise all the ******** on CF just does nothing.

Reactions: rdubbs

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I stayed quiet cause I'm not getting into a fight with every Cyclone fan who wants to desperately believe that this is a good move when they know it's a hail mary.

Gary Parrish compared it to McCain picking Palin!

Walters was out of line. He knew it. It happens. We all move on....

You're a clown who needs to move on back to Omaha. I will not spend a dime anywhere that advertises on your radio program, and I'm sure there will be many ISU fans who join me.

Reactions: nickcyv

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
He's your voice - I get it. But it was an major league overreaction. I've said a lot worse. Fred is his friend ... he loves Iowa State ... I get it. It's ok. But coming after me doesn't make the hire any better.

Regardless of whether or not he overreacted, he's 100% about your agenda with Pollard.

The guy has ISU Athletics in the best financial shape IT HAS EVER BEEN, and you say you "judge him on his record"? His record is turning a sinking ship with a culture of losing, and making it self sufficient, off of state funds. That's his job, dude. Not going on your show and kissing ***. His job is to make the University's athletic department the best it can be from a financial standpoint. That's why Geoffory hired him. It's not a popularity contest. Pollard might **** some people off, but no AD at ISU has done as good of a job with the financial side of things, and it isn't even close.

Reactions: nickcyv

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This is what people need to do if they're really sick of Matt. Speak with your radio dial. Email 1460--not Matt, but his boss, the ad people, the purse strings. Let them know that you're now a 1700 4pm listener. Otherwise all the ******** on CF just does nothing.

The only problem with this solution is that you're just going from one jerk to another jerk. Marty is the worst in Iowa.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
When 590 in Omaha announced that they were flipping to sports and starting an afternoon drive time show, I was thrilled that as a Husker fan, I would get to hear Husker talk in Des Moines on my drive home from work.

I spent nearly every day driving home yelling at my radio when Matt did nothing but rip on Callahan and Pederson and how bad they were for Nebraska. Turns out Matt was right on just how bad Callahan and Pederson were and because of the fan in me, I was looking at the situation through the scarlet and cream glasses. That's all I could think about when Matt & John got into it yesterday. Matt may say stuff to work up a fan base, but he's often more right than he is wrong.

Bill Self, Rick Barnes, and other Big 12 coaches could care less if Fred Hoiberg is the most beloved player in the history of Iowa St basketball, all they see is Iowa St. hiring a coach with ZERO coaching expereince on ANY LEVEL of the game.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
When 590 in Omaha announced that they were flipping to sports and starting an afternoon drive time show, I was thrilled that as a Husker fan, I would get to hear Husker talk in Des Moines on my drive home from work.

I spent nearly every day driving home yelling at my radio when Matt did nothing but rip on Callahan and Pederson and how bad they were for Nebraska. Turns out Matt was right on just how bad Callahan and Pederson were and because of the fan in me, I was looking at the situation through the scarlet and cream glasses. That's all I could think about when Matt & John got into it yesterday. Matt may say stuff to work up a fan base, but he's often more right than he is wrong.

Bill Self, Rick Barnes, and other Big 12 coaches could care less if Fred Hoiberg is the most beloved player in the history of Iowa St basketball, all they see is Iowa St. hiring a coach with ZERO coaching expereince on ANY LEVEL of the game.

I don't think most people on this board have a problem with the way Matt feels about the hire (most probably actually agree) but I think it has more to do with the way he expressed those feelings.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I didn't hear the exchange but I can tell you that Walters is a very respected person in the sports business in the state of Iowa and Matt might want to remember that.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Not sure what color they sky is in his world. I've listened to the station since he started and they guy is sometimes so far off on things I wonder is he playing this for shock jock type radio or is he really that stupid. At least 2 dozen times I've said to myself ahhh he's just joking. As you listen on, he isn't. And he really believes some of stuff he is spitting out.
And as some of you have stated. Any opposing view to his is wrong. And even if you spell out the word DOG for him it still means Cat in his world.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
The only problem with this solution is that you're just going from one jerk to another jerk. Marty is the worst in Iowa.

Yeah, Marty is a jerk. But he's an entertaining jerk. Matt brings nothing--NOTHING--to the table, imo.

Wahoo

Nov 27, 2006
Hi I'm Matt Perrault. I'm really smart...much smarter than you. I like to talk down to people, because they're obviously not as smart as me. I like to be disrespectful of other people by talking over them. If they don't agree with me, I will talk louder, faster, and repeat my point over and over and over again. I have won every debate I've ever been in, because I'm always right. Oh, yeah, and I'm smarter than you. I am dissrespectful of people frequently and have a hard time recognizing people that are wise. I also like to make a really big deal out of a very small thing. And, I like to wear out my welcome wherever I go really quickly.

P.S. Oh, did I mention I'm smarter than you?

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007

Did you listen to your girly friend Matt giggle like a school girl as John Walters was trying to express himself? Matty has an issue with Pollard for sure . . and really doesn't do a good job of hiding his contempt for ISU. But then again, it sounds like that is the new formula for success - find an adversary and use it to build audience . . WHAT FOOLS.