Matt Perrault

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
I think you guys are forgetting what I have always said - I loved Coach McDermott at UNI. He went to 3 straight NCAA tourneys...it did not work at ISU. I never hammered Greg personally and always talked about how much respect I had for him...it was just not a good fit at Iowa State. It was over...we all knew it - and he took a job to get out.

Reactions: deadeyededric

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
I think you guys are forgetting what I have always said - I loved Coach McDermott at UNI. He went to 3 straight NCAA tourneys...it did not work at ISU. I never hammered Greg personally and always talked about how much respect I had for him...it was just not a good fit at Iowa State. It was over...we all knew it - and he took a job to get out.

Up late googling your own name again, Matt?

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
Personally I can't stand the guy, he is a know it all, and argues with sports radio hosts and sport writers about things that happened when he was not even in our market.

Like how he was disrespectful to Walters today?

John may have made a comment about his agenda against Pollard, but the way Matt reacted was unacceptable. When people are on a program that are respected, they should be treated with respect. I wonder if John will call in the next time breaking news is happening after that. Just confirms what an *** Matt is.

Last edited:

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
I stayed quiet cause I'm not getting into a fight with every Cyclone fan who wants to desperately believe that this is a good move when they know it's a hail mary.

Gary Parrish compared it to McCain picking Palin!

Walters was out of line. He knew it. It happens. We all move on....

Hawkeye21

Apr 27, 2010
One thing all Iowa and ISU fans can agree on is that this guy is a major DB. He always makes outlandish and ridiculous statements to get people all p-ed off. I feel sorry for ISU fans because he is going to talk Greg McDermott EVERY chance he gets since he is a creighton freak.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
This is a tuff time for many of us in Cyclone Nation. It would help if you wouldn't chuckle like a like an 8 year old before you give a serious interview with a guy that is taking time out of his busy schedule to be on your show!

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good luck to Crate-UN. Thank you so much for taking that albatross off our necks. I'm sure he'll do fine there. As for ISU, it's a risky hire, no doubt. But at least there is some semblance of hope here now.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
I stayed quiet cause I'm not getting into a fight with every Cyclone fan who wants to desperately believe that this is a good move when they know it's a hail mary.

More like he put the babbling idiot in his place.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Actually, YOU were out of line. Walters should have never apologized and if I were Chris, I would have popped you. There's the professional way to convey your opinion and there's the childish way of giggling and heckling. Hard to believe that Marty was more professional about the hire than someone else, but he did it. 1700 has a new listener at 4pm.

It says something when someone like John Walters is mad enough to blow up. That guy has to be one of the nicest guys in the state. You should be ashamed, Matt. If I were Chris, I would reserve my appearances for Miller and Deace, who can actually analyze and give their thoughts on a situation without turning into a Junior High boy.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames

He was not out of line. He called to give you guys breaking news and all you did was act like a child by making fun of the hire and interupted John at the same time.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Actually, YOU were out of line. Walters should have never apologized and if I were Chris, I would have popped you. There's the professional way to convey your opinion and there's the childish way of giggling and heckling. Hard to believe that Marty was more professional about the hire than someone else, but he did it. 1700 has a new listener at 4pm.

It says something when someone like John Walters is mad enough to blow up. That guy has to be one of the nicest guys in the state. You should be ashamed, Matt. If I were Chris, I would reserve my appearances for Miller and Deace, who can actually analyze and give their thoughts on a situation without turning into a Junior High boy.

+1, it takes a giant tool to **** John off.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

You took the coach who was so awful that our fan base rejoiced when a "Hail Mary" candidate took over for him. What does that say?

I'm questionable on the Hoiberg hire, and yet you have it worse. Good luck duplicating Mac's success from 4 years of sub .500 ball and 22 player defections ago.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008

So you "pop" every person who talks bad about the clones?:eek:

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Walters was out of line, huh? Maybe you need to listen to the interview again. That exchange was like listening to a cocky teenage boy get put in his place by his father. Walters didn't need to apologize for anything, he just realized that was the only way to carry on a civil discussion on live radio. What an embarrassment.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009

Matt, I enjoy your show, but I don't think John was out of line. He was about as busy as he could possibly have been, he was making time for you, he is the voice of the Cyclones and as he was being introduced you are laughing at the new hire. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me you wouldn't be ******.

As for what he said, you may not have a personal issue with Pollard, but it sure comes across that way on the air. You have a promo for your show where you are ripping Pollard.

And when he called you on it today you got very defensive. That's fine, but what it tells the audience is that you can dish it out but you can't take it.

I don't expect you to change, but it's going to become difficult for you to keep doing a show in central Iowa if you continue to alienate ISU representatives.

Just my take.

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
He's your voice - I get it. But it was an major league overreaction. I've said a lot worse. Fred is his friend ... he loves Iowa State ... I get it. It's ok. But coming after me doesn't make the hire any better.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Not only were you an out of line but you are a hack. I cannot wait till you are gone just like that worthless coach. I do not know who is worse at their job, you or him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron