Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That’s what I was thinking. He’s also EVERYWHERE right now. Army ads. Johnny Walker ads. And he’s wrapped a new movie that everyone was saying he’s a shoo in to win the best actor Oscar next year. Oof.
I really like everything I've seen him in.

Reactions: dahliaclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm not upset at you for posting this, but I hate these type of articles. Ninety percent of the article is people roasting her, followed by a tweet contradicting it at the end.

It could all very well be true, and I have insight on this at all, but I'd wager that nearly every single work environment has co-workers that love to chime in about someone after the fact. If there's a history of poor performance, work ethic, abuse of power, etc, it's warranted, but some people just like their opinions to be heard. Personally, I've had really good managers and co-workers get trashed at my office after they left. It just happened yesterday, as a matter of fact. Mob mentality favors the negative.

sorry for the rant.

It's also extremely convenient to blame the one person for the problems when it's a massive company with many employees.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yowza. What does Disney/Marvel do with Majors now?

Obviously this is a terrible situation but my gosh, the guy is an absolutely outstanding actor, maybe the best young-ish performer we have, and he might have just thrown it all away. Just a freaking shame.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Obviously this is a terrible situation but my gosh, the guy is an absolutely outstanding actor, maybe the best young-ish performer we have, and he might have just thrown it all away. Just a freaking shame.
Who are we kidding?

Chris Beard is already back on the job. Majors is unlikely to be going anywhere.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

A friend of mine worked on his first critically acclaimed independent film. Actually think the world should look at these things a little differently. It’s one thing to not hire him in the future, something entirely different to shelve or diminish projects that are mostly in the can or past projects. Those thousands of names are real people/jobs in the credits and in the case of the big releases it’s probably only 20% of the people actually employed directly or indirectly by the film.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
The character has built recast excuses luckily for Marvel. Can explain him looking different with a throw away line. Or, you can cast a younger or older actor and just say he’s on a different part of the timeline. replace him in one or 2 shows or movies, and rewrite everything after with Doom or something.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
A friend of mine worked on his first critically acclaimed independent film. Actually think the world should look at these things a little differently. It’s one thing to not hire him in the future, something entirely different to shelve or diminish projects that are mostly in the can or past projects. Those thousands of names are real people/jobs in the credits and in the case of the big releases it’s probably only 20% of the people actually employed directly or indirectly by the film.

100% agree, like they need to release that Flash movie. I thought they should have released batgirl and everything too unless it was total trash. I just mean, I do think Marvel would be totally within their rights to cut ties with him here.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Doesn't seem like Alonso will be going quietly. Will be interesting to see how all of this plays out, as it sounds like it will all play out publicly.
Please please please let that lawsuit get to discovery.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Feige definitely getting slammed here pretty quickly with a fair amount of adversity. Will be interesting to see how he responds to everything over the next few weeks.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

These things are so difficult to know how they should be handled. I talked to my buddy who is a cop and deals with this stuff all the time. Like articles have stated, there is automatic protocol in these instances with what the cops did in arresting Majors, so that shouldn't be shocking. However, what makes prosecuting nearly impossible or even knowing the full truth even harder is the fact that my cop friend said 9 out of 10 victims eventually recant everything regardless of what happened or not. We saw the same thing happen in the Chris Beard incident with his wife. Technically, the DA can still go after the defendant even if the witness recants, but they rarely do, as it is an uphill battle. When all is said and done, only the people who were there really know what happened and it is hard as outsiders to put much into anyone's statements when it is almost a given they will recant. All we really are left with then is the physical evidence and photos. Anyway, not trying to pick sides, but thought I would share what my cop buddy said as I found it interesting. Will be curious how this all plays out in court of public opinion.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't care how well his lawyer is trying to spin this or control the narrative, that CAB video is going to speak for itself. If the video shows he is not at fault then he isn't. Videos do not protect narratives, and they do not protect reputations.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron