For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I wondered about the editing of the new Antman. Never saw the first one, maybe it was MOTS?

Starts out with so much animated schlock which then tapers off to just shots of the characters doing a short scene while completely dropping out other characters who eventually wander back into some kind of group shot, but after so much time that you've sort of forgotten they were in the movie and then you wonder, "So what were they actually doing all that time?"

Laughed out loud with the "sleeves" that Michael Douglas used to drive his "machine". Reminded me of AI/obstetric sleeves on the farm.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
No way……….

Brie Larson hardly comes across as the most likable person in the world, so I'm not shocked, but she was fine enough I guess as Captain Marvel. I thought she was better in Endgame than she was in her own movie. I get a bit annoyed at the media constantly reminding me that of course she is great at everything she does, because she has an Oscar. I've seen some of her other movies and agree that she can be quite good in some of those roles, but others, including Captain Marvel, I found her to be quite wooden and non-compelling. Anyway, I'm not trying to start a crap on Brie Larson fest, but I'm just saying I'm not extremely shocked. I also don't love to post hearsay gossip too much on here as a news item, but this is coming from Jeff Sneider, who is a very credible media member, and tends to be spot on for most things.

Last edited:
Reactions: bos

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm usually more surprised when I hear that actors are decent people and pleasant to be around.

In the few interviews I've see with her, Brie always struck me as someone that would yell at a lighting guy if she tripped over a cord walking to her trailer.

But, I'm the same as you in terms of Hollywood gossip. I really don't need to hear about it.

Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

This is interesting because if Feige had a right-hand man, it is probably Louis D'Esposito, but I'd say Victoria Alonso was #3 probably. Could be a good thing, maybe not. I'm sure more details will follow at a later time.
Louis got promoted to co-president a while back, so he move ahead of Victoria. Victoria was in charge of a lot of the VFX stuff, which has been the biggest sore spot lately so maybe they decided it was time for a new direction.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

That women had a brilliant insight when wanting to change the name of "X-Men" to "The Mutants" because its "outdated."

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
  • Haha
Reactions: Gorm

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
That women had the brilliant insight when wanting to change the name of "X-Men" to "The Mutants" because its "outdated."

Yeah, wasn't the biggest fan of that when she said it. I agree that if she has been in charge of VFX work, they have been coming up quite short lately.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yeah, wasn't the biggest fan of that when she said it. I agree that if she has been in charge of VFX work, they have been coming up quite short lately.
I had no idea until today she was in charge of the VFX. Clearly that ball has been dropped across ALL of the Marvel content.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm not upset at you for posting this, but I hate these type of articles. Ninety percent of the article is people roasting her, followed by a tweet contradicting it at the end.

It could all very well be true, and I have insight on this at all, but I'd wager that nearly every single work environment has co-workers that love to chime in about someone after the fact. If there's a history of poor performance, work ethic, abuse of power, etc, it's warranted, but some people just like their opinions to be heard. Personally, I've had really good managers and co-workers get trashed at my office after they left. It just happened yesterday, as a matter of fact. Mob mentality favors the negative.

sorry for the rant.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm not upset at you for posting this, but I hate these type of articles. Ninety percent of the article is people roasting her, followed by a tweet contradicting it at the end.

It could all very well be true, and I have insight on this at all, but I'd wager that nearly every single work environment has co-workers that love to chime in about someone after the fact. If there's a history of poor performance, work ethic, abuse of power, etc, it's warranted, but some people just like their opinions to be heard. Personally, I've had really good managers and co-workers get trashed at my office after they left. It just happened yesterday, as a matter of fact. Mob mentality favors the negative.

sorry for the rant.

I get for sure where you are coming from. Definitely some truth in what you are saying. With that said, if you've followed Marvel headlines for the past year, there has been lots of articles on the battle between all the VFX artists out there and Marvel and how toxic that relationship has become. Many VFX artists have gone on record slamming Marvel, saying working for them is the worst. Then move down the road a bit to today, maybe we shouldn't be shocked to see the head at Marvel in charge of VFX leaving. More so than anything, it does seem to connect a few dots.

Reactions: bos

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO

sorry for the rant.
Unfortunately that’s how comicbookmovie.com operates. Used to be a decent website with lots of contributors but now there’s like two main contributors that also own the site. They just push their own agendas and editorialize every “news” story they post. Josh Wildling used to get constantly called out for giving every movie he watched a 4 star review because he was being paid by the movie studios to do so.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I think. I mean…isn’t Loki Season 2 about wrapped up?
That’s what I was thinking. He’s also EVERYWHERE right now. Army ads. Johnny Walker ads. And he’s wrapped a new movie that everyone was saying he’s a shoo in to win the best actor Oscar next year. Oof.