• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I’ve been rewatching some of the original/older movies and damn. They are real quality films. I just rewatched the beginning of “The Avengers” and it’s incredible. Blows everything recent away. Not even the same type of movie.

The Avengers is elite.

People forget how good the first Avengers movie was. I feel like the fall of Joss Whedon has unfairly made people forget.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
People forget how good the first Avengers movie was. I feel like the fall of Joss Whedon has unfairly made people forget.
It's one of the few movies that I really remember being at the theater. The moment in the final battle when they're all together is an all time moment.

Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
It's one of the few movies that I really remember being at the theater. The moment in the final battle when they're all together is an all time moment.
I remember going to it twice. My oldest had just turned 8 and I wasn't sure quite yet what the tone and content of these films were going to be and whether they would be appropriate for a kid of his age. Both times I watched it, I was just giddy with what they were building and where it was going. There's been very few scenes from these films that have really created a lasting impact on me. That scene from Avengers, Stormbreaker's creation and Thor's subsequent arrival back on Earth in Infinity War, Cap first picking up Mjolnir, and the Avengers Assemble scene from End Game.

There still something about the costumes in that film that make it feel dated, but not enough to completely distract from the story. It seems like a lifetime ago, and in some way it really was.

Last edited:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I remember going to it twice. My oldest had just turned 8 and I wasn't sure quite yet what the tone and content of these films were going to be and whether they would be appropriate for a kid of his age. Both times I watched it, I was just giddy with what they were building and where it was going. There's been very few scenes from these films that have really created a lasting impact on me. That scene from Avengers, Stormbreaker's creation and Thor's subsequent arrival back on Earth in Infinity War, Cap first picking up Mjolnir, and the Avengers Assemble scene from End Game.

There still something about the costumes in that film that make it feel dated, but not enough to completely distract from the story. It seems like a lifetime ago, and in some way it really was.
My favorite scene in any MCU movie is Thor’s entrance to Wakanda when it all looked bleak for our heroes. From how we left Thor desperately needing the axe to seeing him come in at that exact moment was directing and producing to the highest level. How that entrance was shot, the score behind it, the sound effects when he jumps in the air before delivering just a fully leveled up lightning blast to everything around him was perfect.

Oh and most importantly the dialogue they chose and how Hemsworth delivered that line…goosebumps.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My favorite scene in any MCU movie is Thor’s entrance to Wakanda when it all looked bleak for our heroes. From how we left Thor desperately needing the axe to seeing him come in at that exact moment was directing and producing to the highest level. How that entrance was shot, the score behind it, the sound effects when he jumps in the air before delivering just a fully leveled up lightning blast to everything around him was perfect.

Oh and most importantly the dialogue they chose and how Hemsworth delivered that line…goosebumps.

Infinity War had some of the best entrances. Cap showing up, walking out of the shadows and the revamped avengers theme kicking in? I fire it up on YouTube sometimes just to get juiced up. Also infinity War had the best costumes. Not debatable for me.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

My theater cheered so loud when Hulk smashed Loki I didn’t even know he said something after. That first Avengers was outstanding and it’s some serious revisionist history to claim otherwise. There is a reason they gave him the keys to justice league.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

I always love the Art Gala scene with Cap and Iron Man arriving to capture Loki. The classical music overlaying Hawkeye’s espionage, and then the ensuing face off between Loki and Cap. At that moment I really felt that the extreme crossover potential of superhero movies had finally arrived. It was really epic to see.

Reactions: bos

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That’s gonna be so good. Hopefully this gets Marvel back on track

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I always love the Art Gala scene with Cap and Iron Man arriving to capture Loki. The classical music overlaying Hawkeye’s espionage, and then the ensuing face off between Loki and Cap. At that moment I really felt that the extreme crossover potential of superhero movies had finally arrived. It was really epic to see.
Yeah. Really fun entrance there by Iron Man.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Might be fun might suck. Ms Marvel started out fun, then sucked. I do like Monica Rambo and Nick Fury so hopefully those two can carry it.